Sticker dimension with decimals

Sticker dimension with decimals
I would like to see a clarification of the sticker specs.
https://www.ldraw.org/article/512.html#sticker_desc

When the sticker is exactly 1 stud, or another integer, should it be written with or without an decimal?  

The example used on the page is:
Sticker  2.6 x  5.5 ...
Sticker  3.1 x  3.1 Round ...

and I think most sticker use an added zero. Like this:
Sticker  2.6 x  5.0 ...
Sticker  3.0 x  3.0 Round ...

I have recently added a zero in the description of many stickers, but I can see that other admin reviewers are removing the added zero.

How should it be written? With or without a zero?
RE: Sticker dimension with decimals
The first thought was: without zero.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2023-10-28, 6:58)Willy Tschager Wrote: The first thought was: without zero.

w.

And what was the second thought?

I guess it boils down to different sorting strategies in different model editors.
LDFind sorts 2 ahead of 2.1 (and 2.0), while LDCad sorts 2 after 2.9.
(2023-10-28, 8:39)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: And what was the second thought?

None. I'm usually fine with my gut level decision.I'm not as rational as you are.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2023-10-29, 12:39)Willy Tschager Wrote: None. I'm usually fine with my gut level decision.I'm not as rational as you are.

w.

I feel that they should be consistent, whether or not the ".0" is present. I personally lean toward omitting the ".0", so that descriptions are less likely to be visibly truncated in whatever viewing situation the descriptions appear.

Furthermore, the official parts library restrictions document does indicate that trailing zeros must be removed for numbers, without specifying whether those numbers appear in the description or the part body. So, technically the trailing zeros are already illegal, although that is perhaps ambiguous due to the fact that the part description is special. The sticker description part of that document would probably be better off if one of its examples was had an integer description.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »