Boat Connectors for Hull and Deck

Boat Connectors for Hull and Deck
One of the topics we touched during the Billund24 meeting was the level of detail withing the boat hullls. Usually there are some filltes there to strengthen the hull, some compartments that provide bouyancy (with the top attached) and of course the interlocking thingy.

Those interlocking fingers have been introduced in 2003/4 and are present ever since in basically all the floating hulls.

Although mainly invisible, in my opinion we should have the choice to show them.

To make this easier I have come up with a set of primitives that allow an easy use, even when scaling is necessary. 
  • There are four primitives as a starting point (quarters)
    - one fixed and one variable each for the top and bottom locks, to adjust to the different drafts the hulls provide
  • Leading to six Primitives that can be easily applied
  • Each connector then needs only twp primitives.
  • An exception are slanted faces, where one need to use the quarters in order not to bleed through the surface.

To name them I proposed a scheme as follows:
  • Basic name: boatlock
  • Where is it used: top/bottom
  • What part is is: Connector section (fixed height), Base section (variable height)
  • Denomination: Quarter, with Centre

e.g.: "Boatlock Bottom Connector Quarter" Filename "boat-b-connq"
suggestions are welcome

Here's an overview:

Usage plain

Usage inclined surface

I will upload them to the PT and let's see from there
RE: Boat Connectors for Hull and Deck
(2024-05-01, 12:13)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Although mainly invisible, in my opinion we should have the choice to show them.

IMHO you're wasting your time.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: Boat Connectors for Hull and Deck
Very detailed, thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »