LDCad red "X" instead of lego bricks

red "X" instead of lego bricks
Hi, I'm trying to find help for my son. He uses LDcat v1.7 and from sometime we can see just small red "x" instead of Lego bricks. any thought how to change it?, thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: red "X" instead of lego bricks
(2023-09-28, 19:35)jas kapela Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to find help for my son. He uses LDcat v1.7 and from sometime we can see just small red "x" instead of Lego bricks. any thought how to change it?, thanks

This means the program can't find the parts files in your LDraw library, and the most common reason is either that your LDraw library is corrupted or missing, or that LDCad isn't correctly configured on where to find it.

If you go to menu Prefs->LDraw->Search (library) paths…can you show us what that dialog window looks like?
(2023-09-28, 19:39)N. W. Perry Wrote: This means the program can't find the parts files in your LDraw library, and the most common reason is either that your LDraw library is corrupted or missing, or that LDCad isn't correctly configured on where to find it.

If you go to menu Prefs->LDraw->Search (library) paths…can you show us what that dialog window looks like?

thanks for helping, this is how the search path looks like

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2023-09-28, 19:45)jas kapela Wrote: this is how the search path looks like

It seems those search paths are wrong.

Resetting the configuration will fix it.
https://www.melkert.net/LDCad/faq#faq_cfgRst

Afterwards the program will ask where to find the library (or just complete.zip) at startup.
(2023-09-28, 21:42)Roland Melkert Wrote: It seems those search paths are wrong.
Resetting the configuration will fix it.
https://www.melkert.net/LDCad/faq#faq_cfgRst
Afterwards the program will ask where to find the library (or just complete.zip) at startup.

Thanks a lot for all the advice and the link!!! I play with settings, but in the end, I re-install both LDCad and newest LDraw libraries to check where they are installed. After that, I chose the correct folder with libraries, and it worked. My son is very happy:-)

Cheers
(2023-09-29, 7:30)jas kapela Wrote: I re-install both LDCad and newest LDraw libraries to check where they are installed.

Glad it worked, 

just for future reference re-installing LDCad will NOT reset its configuration unless you install it under a different main folder name
(2023-09-29, 21:19)Roland Melkert Wrote: Glad it worked, 

just for future reference re-installing LDCad will NOT reset its configuration unless you install it under a different main folder name

oh, didin't know that. But was helpful that during re-installation, it asked for the library location and after I specify it - it works.
Before, even I changed pref in LDCat- it didn't connect to the library.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »