LDCad Building the V-shape engine - piston placement helper does not work

Building the V-shape engine - piston placement helper does not work
Hi everyone!
I use the LDcad for some time and I can build a lot, but I still have the same problem when I try to build the engine. When I try to use the helper in misc, I see the info "There are no piston and or cylinder block to work with." but there are pistons and cylinders. Finally I just try to adjust them manually (incorrect I guess), but finally I would like to change it. What I do wrong? Or is it a bug? I tried with different cylinder molds too - the result is the same  Undecided

RE: Building the V-shape engine - piston placement helper does not work
I think you have to select the engine and piston parts.
(2023-09-04, 20:56)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I think you have to select the engine and piston parts.

The script should automatically scan the subfile for the correct parts. Are you sure you're working in the correct subfile? (e.g., are the pistons nested in a lower level somehow)?

Can you attach the .ldr file you're working with?
I'm trying to build the set 42154 (follow the manual) and I'm on the engine part. You can check the attached model in progress. In nested mode when I select 3 parts (block, piston, rod) the result is the same

.ldr   42154 Ford GT.ldr (Size: 6.57 KB / Downloads: 4)
(2023-09-05, 16:43)Paweł Turalski Wrote: I'm trying to build the set 42154 (follow the manual) and I'm on the engine part. You can check the attached model in progress. In nested mode when I select 3 parts (block, piston, rod) the result is the same

The script currently does not work with parts in different submodels.

a workaround would be to temporary put the cylinder head bricks into subModel-14, like so:

- open subModel-12 and go to nested mode.
- select one of the yellow cylinders
- click the 'insert into ...." text below the nested tab in the session panel (-12 should change to -14)
- select the 6 transparent heads and press ctrl+d
- put the copied part at the same position as their originals. (disable part snapping)
- open subModel-14.ldr
- run the macro
- go back to subModel-12.ldr (press end)
- undo the duplication (ctrl+z)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »