Fixing parts by a long-inactive user

Fixing parts by a long-inactive user
Have a question about some thing with Part Tracker policy. As it states, unofficial parts made by other authors can be edited by other authors only either if they explicitly stated people are free to do that or if author inactive for three months on the part after it got held. 

But what do we exactly do if author was inactive for more than a year at all and also their parts weren't edited for even longer? Should I wait for three months before do anything, or maybe in such case people are free to edit abandoned parts?
RE: Fixing parts by a long-inactive user
If a part's been on the PT forever and the author is no longer active, it's fair game. Use your best judgement for what "inactive" and "forever" mean. A HISTORY line for edits is required.
Do you have a sample?

Usually the three months are taken for granted, if there was no activity at all by the author, I do not see any issue picking up the work and completing it (if there are e.g. hold votes)
(2023-05-29, 20:36)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Do you have a sample?

Usually the three months are taken for granted, if there was no activity at all by the author, I do not see any issue picking up the work and completing it (if there are e.g. hold votes)

Great majority of Bionicle Parts on tracker right now were made by Santeri Piippo, who, as far as I see, did not log in since February 2022. 
These parts have been lying for years in tracker without proper attention.
It's very simple. The part has been held in January 2023 and no edit since then? Go and fix it.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2023-05-30, 12:06)Willy Tschager Wrote: It's very simple. The part has been held in January 2023 and no edit since then? Go and fix it.

w.

Some of these parts only got held recently, and before there were only comments pointing some stuff in the best case
(2023-05-30, 13:54)Max Murtazin Wrote: Some of these parts only got held recently, and before there were only comments pointing some stuff in the best case

If this thing is sitting on the PT for more than 3 year - not held but just some remarks - I'd fix it.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
However, before you get your hands an other peoples parts please fix your own and don't abandon them:

https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/25224

w.
LEGO ergo sum
If you're worried about it, PM them. If they don't reply, go for it. I'll handle disputes, that's my job.
(2023-05-30, 15:37)Willy Tschager Wrote: However, before you get your hands an other peoples parts please fix your own and don't abandon them:

https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/25224

w.

Yea, my bad, last year wasn't the easiest. I'll have bit more time upcoming month, hopefully won't take long to get it done. Thanks for fixing issues on that one by the way
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »