New shortcut to submit 12622p02

New shortcut to submit 12622p02
Hi,

New PT prevent me to upload 12622p02 which is a coloured variation of shortcut 12622 such as already official 12622p01. Error raised is:
Quote:Pattern part description must end with "Pattern"
Pattern parts and sticker shortcuts must have a "Set <setnumber>", "CMF", or "Build-A-Minifigure" keyword

Should the PT be updated or the filename changed?

Attached Files
.dat   12622p02.dat (Size: 371 bytes / Downloads: 6)
RE: New shortcut to submit 12622p02
Here's the relevant comment from Magnus:
Quote:Submitted by: MagFors
Comments:
Ok, I can see a difference here.
Here we have two parts included in the mould when the second injection is made, locking the two parts in a integrated state.
In a dual moulded part there are two halves of the same part, with one half part in the mould when the second injection is made.

This part is in a grey area. I think for simplicity's sake that we should probably call this a shortcut and move the part but I'd appreciate input from Magnus and others on this thought.
(2023-05-07, 17:08)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Here's the relevant comment from Magnus:

This part is in a grey area. I think for simplicity's sake that we should probably call this a shortcut and move the part but I'd appreciate input from Magnus and others on this thought.
This is exactly the same configuration as Duplo car base, such as https://library.ldraw.org/official/665 or https://library.ldraw.org/official/12391
(2023-05-07, 17:08)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Here's the relevant comment from Magnus:

This is the same old question again. When should we use -pXX or the -cXX suffix?

I tried to argue that a "pattern" could be created by assembling "parts" of different colours. But now I don't know anymore.

To me, the rule that force a p-suffix part to have "Pattern" in the description and a set number as keyword, is to strict. We have many examples of shortcuts where either p-suffix or c-suffix is used. Many of the Hip and legs shortcuts use p-suffix but are assemblies of differently coloured parts, not printed.
And some examples of the opposite is also made, all the pirate hip and legs shortcuts use c-suffix. Now there are some pirate shortcuts that have a printed hip and leg. How should they be numbered? I want to use the p-suffix.

To me, this car base assembly is acceptable with a p-suffix, without the word Pattern. Consistency is more important here. We have choosen the p-suffix on the first part, and then we should follow that path. I don't want to have a renumbering bonanza.
The consistency knife cuts both ways. "pXX" part are primarily patterns. I want all patterns to be easily found if a MOCer wants to use them. There needs to be consistent, enforceable standards in naming and keywords to eliminate confusion and in a way that can be checked automatically. Since there was significant push back on using Bricklink or Rebrickable numbers, set numbers were a compromise. Could I force through such a policy? Yes, but I don't really want to. Do I wish we had done dual moulds a different way, like "mXX"? Yes. Is it too late switch? Probably.
(2023-05-07, 23:24)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Do I wish we had done dual moulds a different way, like "mXX"? Yes. Is it too late switch? Probably.

I like the idea and I believe it's never too late. Once the rule is commonly agreed this would apply to new submitted parts and already official parts would be updated only if and when they are back on PT

For now I've submitted the part on PT which require an admin to remove Pattern from the description https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/31298
(2023-05-10, 5:42)Vincent Messenet Wrote: ... require an admin to remove Pattern from the description

Tried it. Not possible to remove with an admin edit.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »