Brick 1 x 6 with Dark Red P.T.T. Pattern

Brick 1 x 6 with Dark Red P.T.T. Pattern
Among my old LDraw files I found a patterned part I created, but never uploaded.
It's a Brick  1 x  6 with Dark Red P.T.T. Pattern, presumably from the sixties.
My actual brick is the newer version with inner tubes (I have seen pictures online form older hollow bricks with the same pattern).
What pattern-partnumber can I use?
What colour should I use for the red letters, as it is darker than standard red?

I also started with the bold Kiosk pattern from the same era, but I haven't finished the round shapes of the letter S.

Attached Files
.jpg   3009ptt.jpg (Size: 4.4 KB / Downloads: 44)
RE: Brick 1 x 6 with Dark Red P.T.T. Pattern
(2023-05-01, 19:40)Niels Karsdorp Wrote: Among my old LDraw files I found a patterned part I created, but never uploaded.
It's a Brick  1 x  6 with Dark Red P.T.T. Pattern, presumably from the sixties.
My actual brick is the newer version with inner tubes (I have seen pictures online form older hollow bricks with the same pattern).
What pattern-partnumber can I use?
What colour should I use for the red letters, as it is darker than standard red?

I also started with the bold Kiosk pattern from the same era, but I haven't finished the round shapes of the letter S.

If the underside tubes exist, the base pat will be 3009, so you may use 3009p** as the pattern number.
https://library.ldraw.org/search/suffix?s=3009
I would pick "3009p07" or "3009ptl".
(2023-05-02, 2:05)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: If the underside tubes exist, the base pat will be 3009, so you may use 3009p** as the pattern number.
https://library.ldraw.org/search/suffix?s=3009
I would pick "3009p07" or "3009ptl".

So I can just use the next available pattern suffix?

I don't know the setnumber this part came in (somewhere back in the sixties).
Even Bricklink doesn't know.
The pattern code categories are a guideline. In this case the "0" patterns are fine so "p07" works. Are far as the set number, do some research but a "Set Unknown" keyword is acceptable.
(2023-05-06, 17:15)Orion Pobursky Wrote: .... but a "Set Unknown" keyword is acceptable.

There are now many minifig part only available in the LEGO stores, many under the name BAM or Build-a-Minifigure at Bricklink.
(2023-05-06, 17:15)Orion Pobursky Wrote: The pattern code categories are a guideline. In this case the "0" patterns are fine so "p07" works. Are far as the set number, do some research but a "Set Unknown" keyword is acceptable.

Thanks.
I used "ptl" because other bricks from presumably the same source are also in this range, like 3009pt0 with KLM pattern and 3009pt2 with Philips pattern.
(2023-05-06, 17:50)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: There are now many minifig part only available in the LEGO stores, many under the name BAM or Build-a-Minifigure at Bricklink.

I already added CMF as an acceptable pattern Keyword. Adding BAM to the list is fine with me.
(2023-05-06, 18:50)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I already added CMF as an acceptable pattern Keyword. Adding BAM to the list is fine with me.

"Build-A-Minifigure" added to the pattern part KEYWORD validation list.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »