Parts with flexible sub-Parts

Parts with flexible sub-Parts
There are a number of parts on the Part Tracker, and perhaps also some offical, that should be adapted and become Part Flexible_Section.
Like the Technic Ribbed Hose, 71944 It's made of sections that make it bendable; 71944k01 and 71944k02.
But some of the sub-Parts might need some editing.  Let us start with these 2 parts that also need renumbering, 572c01 and 572c02

There are 5 sub-Parts that could be renumbered and use the k0X-suffix, but 2 of them (d and e) are not used in any parts.
Are they used and useful in LSynth? I don't know.  Steffen has a long lasting Hold vote on them.

Should we standardize them so that they are suitable for LSynth? How?
How should a Flex_section be made to be useful in LDCad?
RE: Parts with flexible sub-Parts
Question for Philo or Roland

How should these "parts" be changed to be useful both as LSynth parts, and a flexible template in LDCad?

572a and 572c are simple, just renumber, as they are not resizable sections.

But how should the string be made?  
I think it should be a short section, not resizable, since there is a "pattern" on the string. 
Used repeatedly, to create the long bendable string. 572e might be too long?

IMO, 572b and 572d could be made obsolete.

572c01 is using 572a, 572b and 572c
572c02 is using 572a and many 572b
But none of these are useful as "templetes" since the "572b-section" should be bendable.
Imho a simple cyli is the best solution, that's what is use in most cases. the faked line texture doesn't even show in photorealistic renders!
Or, if you want the ultimate detail, use x77a/b or  56823k02.dat. A bit more tricky to use because of the twist...
Based on using the template posted here:
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-24086-po...l#pid37843

572e.dat might be the one to keep, as a string segment. Renamed to use the k-suffix.
Does it have a correct size and origin?
(2023-12-17, 19:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Imho a simple cyli is the best solution, that's what is use in most cases. the faked line texture doesn't even show in photorealistic renders!
Or, if you want the ultimate detail, use x77a/b or  56823k02.dat. A bit more tricky to use because of the twist...

I use an all-black version of the LS60 donor, myself. I've found it gives the most realistic texture in renders.

I'd like to use the twist parts, but LDCad doesn't (yet) support progressive rotation of donors along a path.
(2023-12-17, 19:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Imho a simple cyli is the best solution, that's what is use in most cases. the faked line texture doesn't even show in photorealistic renders!

If you really want to be accurate, it is a six string braided string!
(2023-12-18, 10:01)Gerald Lasser Wrote: If you really want to be accurate, it is a six string braided string!

I personally don't want that accuracy. 
All I want is to understand what Flexible_Sections we need to accurately model the Braided String parts.
And to have a template made, that is approved by Roland, to be included in LDCad.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »