!KEYWORDS question

!KEYWORDS question
A minor thing that I've always been curious about:

Keywords are not allowed to contain words or phrases from the part or model description. So for the model of "Benny's Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship!!!" you could not have a keyword of "Benny" or "spaceship". Easy.

But what about the model for "Tokyo" (the Architecture skyline set) which includes the Tokyo Tower? Can the entire phrase "Tokyo Tower" appear as a keyword, or does it have to be just "Tower" since "Tokyo" already appears in the description? By itself, "Tower" might be too generic to be useful.

My feeling is that it's fine to just apply that weaselly concept of "common sense", but it's worth asking as some LDraw tools may need to distinguish the rule when evaluating file headers.

A suggestion would be to clarify that a !KEYWORDS term—a complete word or phrase—is not allowed if the same word or phrase appears exactly in the file description.
RE: !KEYWORDS question
(2023-03-14, 14:08)N. W. Perry Wrote: My feeling is that it's fine to just apply that weaselly concept of "common sense"

You presume correctly. This is a case by case thing and does not warrant mention in the spec.

FWIW, PT has no restrictions on keywords for submitted parts (except the pattern/sticker set requirement).
RE: !KEYWORDS question
(2023-03-14, 14:45)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You presume correctly. This is a case by case thing and does not warrant mention in the spec.

FWIW, PT has no restrictions on keywords for submitted parts (except the pattern/sticker set requirement).

Yeah, I'd agree—doesn't belong in the spec if it's a subjective call. Computer programs have no common sense, so they might otherwise over-enforce it. (Don't know if they do currently, as I've been following the spec and thus haven't tested it.) :-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »