Question about the pattern of the parts

Question about the pattern of the parts
I have noticed with the minifigure heads in the library that there seems to be errors with the patterned versions.
For example, minifigure heads 3626bp84 and 3626cp7g have the same pattern.
Minifigure head 3626cp84 has the same designation as the b variant, but a different pattern.
There are other cases of this type.
In my opinion, the designation of a pattern should be the same for the same or similar parts, that is, for example, for the minifigure heads, the pattern p84 is always the same, whether it is the a, b or c variant.
What is your opinion?

Greetings

Manfred
RE: Question about the pattern of the parts
We while we make every effort to sync the suffixes, sometimes it doesn't happen, especially if LEGO resurrects an old pattern on a new mold. Do to backwards compatibility, one a pattern is released for a given suffix, it can't be changed.
RE: Question about the pattern of the parts
A theoretical solution for my described case would be.
3626cp84 would have to be renamed (~Moveto ...). Then 3626cp7g could be renamed to 3626cp84.
But this is probably not possible, because 3626cp84 was already used and if it was replaced by 3626cp7g, the model files that used this part would have to be adjusted.
Conceivable would be a script, which contains this information and is delivered with each update of the library. This script would make an adjustment depending on the file date of the model. Probably too complex.
Or a designation would have to be selected for the pattern, which was not used yet in one of the three variants. Here, unfortunately, some designations would be lost.
Is there ever a lock on the parts tracker?

Greetings

Manfred
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »