LDCad Parts Rendering Rrror

Parts Rendering Rrror
Information 
LDCad is having some error displaying parts, sides tend to be flat or missing, pegs are often not visible. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Ldraw and LDCad a few times. This computer previously had no Ldraw programs on it at all. I'm really at a loss. Anyone got any ideas of what I need to do to fix this?

Windows 10 Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Graphics card: Quadro M4000
Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz  3.60 GHz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Parts Rendering Rrror
At first look it seems like the one of the required directories isn't being loaded. What path is LDCad pointing to for the library?
(2023-02-12, 21:02)Orion Pobursky Wrote: At first look it seems like the one of the required directories isn't being loaded. What path is LDCad pointing to for the library?

It points to my Ldraw folder

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\

What should I have it pointing at?

Edit:

We are talking about 'Prefs>LDraw>Search (library) Paths ' right?

Oh, lord, a typo in my title...how embarrassing. Lol...
(2023-02-12, 21:05)End Unsure Wrote: It points to my Ldraw folder

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\

What should I have it pointing at?

It should be pointing at wherever your official parts library is. That will be a folder that has, at least, the sub-folders "p" and "parts".

But you also have to be sure LDCad is looking at that location as an official library (as opposed to a donor or user folder, for example). And that you're looking for a directory instead of an archive (i.e., a zip file).

If you go to the menu Prefs->LDraw->Search (library) paths…can you share a screen shot of the window that comes up? Like this:

(2023-02-12, 21:14)N. W. Perry Wrote: It should be pointing at wherever your official parts library is. That will be a folder that has, at least, the sub-folders "p" and "parts".

But you also have to be sure LDCad is looking at that location as an official library (as opposed to a donor or user folder, for example). And that you're looking for a directory instead of an archive (i.e., a zip file).

If you go to the menu Prefs->LDraw->Search (library) paths…can you share a screen shot of the window that comes up? Like this:

Thank you. Got it. I had the right folder selected but it was marked as 'Donor', I switched it to 'Official Library'.

For anyone else that experiences this problem the fix is easy. Highlight the listing which includes your Official Library, by default with the AIOI it's the folder 'LDraw' in Documents. With the proper listing selected, at the top of the window you will see 'Current Item Properties' which is an area marked in with a box. At the bottom is a row listed 'Type' simply change the selection to 'Official Library'.

Effects will not take place until you restart the program.

If I wrote something wrong in my solution, someone please offer the proper solution.
(2023-02-12, 21:25)End Unsure Wrote: Thank you. Got it. I had the right folder selected but it was marked as 'Donor', I switched it to 'Official Library'.

For anyone else that experiences this problem the fix is easy. Highlight the listing which includes your Official Library, by default with the AIOI it's the folder 'LDraw' in Documents. With the proper listing selected, at the top of the window you will see 'Current Item Properties' which is an area marked in with a box. At the bottom is a row listed 'Type' simply change the selection to 'Official Library'.

Effects will not take place until you restart the program.

If I wrote something wrong in my solution, someone please offer the proper solution.

That's actually what I suspected it might be. I recall others having a similar problem; might be specific to the AIOI install for some reason.

Glad it's sorted!
(2023-02-12, 23:16)N. W. Perry Wrote: That's actually what I suspected it might be. I recall others having a similar problem; might be specific to the AIOI install for some reason.

Glad it's sorted!

Might not be the AIOI, I screwed up when I installed LDCad the first time and it asked me about my parts library folder but it had been a while since I used Ldraw and I couldn't recall what it was so I absentmindedly closed the window to check online where the parts library would be and I never saw the option again. Later I of course got the proper parts library located but I did it manually through the preferences and didn't even see the 'Official Library' option let alone know what it was. I was trying to get it done real quick while I was exhausted and I had tunnel vision, so nearly a comedy of errors, cept it wasn't funny for me at the time lol.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »