Parts Request: Most Common DUPLO parts - 2022 edition

Parts Request: Most Common DUPLO parts - 2022 edition
Hello friends.  I just updated my analysis of the Most Common DUPLO Parts to reflect the parts produced in sets released in 2018-2022.  I did discover that two brand new parts (released in 2021 and 2022) have skyrocketed into the top 20 list.  (There are some other appealing parts which are missing including three more in the top 50 list.)

Here are some of the key missing parts:
  • 17th place - 84195 - Duplo Plant, Flower with 1 Top Studs
    (You would have 56x in 4 colors if you bought every set in last 5 years)
  • 19th Place - 70676 Duplo Brick 2 x 2 x 2 Slope
    (You would have 52x in 7 colors if you bought every set in last 5 years).
  • 47th - 51703 Duplo Wave (Fire, Water, Flame) 2 x 1 x 5 with Non-Marbled Tip
  • 49th - 65109 Duplo Tile 2 x 4 with Wood Grain Pattern
  • 50th - 31195 Duplo Ball Tube 45deg Turn
  • 52th - 31452 Duplo Ball Tube Straight

I would love to see the entire top 50 list of current DUPLO parts in the LDraw collection. :-)

Sincerely,
—Tom

P.S. I will be adding DUPLO labels to my LEGO Brick Labels collection soon!
RE: Parts Request: Most Common DUPLO parts - 2022 edition
Nice overview! I might be able to help with some of the missing parts. But might need some time. Not a lot of time these days. But would be fun Smile
(2022-12-31, 14:21)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: Nice overview! I might be able to help with some of the missing parts. But might need some time. Not a lot of time these days. But would be fun Smile
3 meshes of the top-50 Duplo parts...

Attached Files
.dat   84195_1.dat (Size: 149.7 KB / Downloads: 12)
.dat   51703_1.dat (Size: 63.12 KB / Downloads: 9)
.dat   70676_0.dat (Size: 271.29 KB / Downloads: 8)
(2022-12-31, 15:37)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: 3 meshes of the top-50 Duplo parts...

Awesome, Thanks Phillippe for meshes for a few of the parts, and Fredrik for offering to help!
49th - 65109 Duplo Tile 2 x 4 with Wood Grain Pattern is also available as raw mesh

Attached Files
.dat   65109_0.dat (Size: 325.46 KB / Downloads: 4)
(2022-12-30, 8:18)tom alphin Wrote: ....
  • 50th - 31195 Duplo Ball Tube 45deg Turn
  • 52th - 31452 Duplo Ball Tube Straight

I saw that you did a review of the "Tubes" Education Set. Do you still have the set? ...and calipers? some measurements would be good and closeups from the connections

I got that far with pictures from the web and assuming the outer diameter of the tube to be 120 LDU

Measurements would be good to confirm the design.

(2023-01-02, 0:48)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I saw that you did a review of the "Tubes" Education Set. Do you still have the set? ...and calipers? some measurements would be good and closeups from the connections

I got that far with pictures from the web and assuming the outer diameter of the tube to be 120 LDU

Awesome, thanks! What you've done so far looks pretty realistic. I suspect this requires that you define a new "connection type" for the tube connection, since I think it is unique to these parts. As you likely saw in my article, there's also a horizontal hoop that can hold a vertical section of tube, and a "round door" that can hold a horizontal section of tube. Weird stuff!

The Tubes set is in storage because it's a frustrating product, but I can get them out.  Yes, I have a pair of digital calipers!

Can you doodle on that image with the specific measurements you need?
(2023-01-02, 0:48)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I saw that you did a review of the "Tubes" Education Set. Do you still have the set? ...and calipers? some measurements would be good and closeups from the connections

Both parts are available in Unity microgame...
(2023-01-06, 8:08)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Both parts are available in Unity microgame...

Oh, really? I did not think of looking there, thanks for the hint! 

@tom, I will check Unity data first!
(2023-01-06, 6:31)tom alphin Wrote: Awesome, thanks!  What you've done so far looks pretty realistic.  I suspect this requires that you define a new "connection type" for the tube connection, since I think it is unique to these parts.  As you likely saw in my article, there's also a horizontal hoop that can hold a vertical section of tube, and a "round door" that can hold a horizontal section of tube.  Weird stuff!

The Tubes set is in storage because it's a frustrating product, but I can get them out.  Yes, I have a pair of digital calipers!

Can you doodle on that image with the specific measurements you need?

Thanks to Philo's hint I could check my parts. I got the center line on point, but I am off with the diameter of the tubes, but that is a minor issue. The door I got spot on, so looks pretty good at this moment.

S all five parts are available:
31191 - Horizontal Holder
31193 - Door
31195 - Curve
42029 - Hoop
31452 - Straight Section
(2023-01-06, 10:42)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Thanks to Philo's hint I could check my parts. I got the center line on point, but I am off with the diameter of the tubes, but that is a minor issue. The door I got spot on, so looks pretty good at this moment.

S all five parts are available:
31191 - Horizontal Holder
31193 - Door
31195 - Curve
42029 - Hoop
31452 - Straight Section

Is there a need to measure the diameter with calipers, or does it look good enough as-is?  (I'm certainly an advocate of "good enough" for these duplo parts.)

---tom
(2023-01-13, 6:53)tom alphin Wrote: Is there a need to measure the diameter with calipers, or does it look good enough as-is?  (I'm certainly an advocate of "good enough" for these duplo parts.)

---tom

They look pretty ok right now, what I was wondering is that the Unity data shows that the straight section is conical, but it was pretty ok using existing primitves. "good enough" should do for now, I just had a Bricklink Order and the shop accidently had one (!) of the straight sections, so I took the chance and ordered it.

PS: I finished the wooden tile.
Tube Parts are on the tracker

Straight, 39452: https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/29919
Curve, 31195: https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/29921
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »