Fixed Part Tracker Access

Part Tracker Access
I have been made aware that some people are having trouble accessing the Parts Tracker with every link giving a 500 error. If this is that case for you, try deleting any ldraw.org cookies stored in you browser and try again.

There's some sort of problem going on with the script that checks if you're logged into the forums. I can see the errors in the log but it works for most users so I'm having trouble finding the source of the issue.
RE: Part Tracker Access
(2023-02-04, 23:36)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I have been made aware that some people are having trouble accessing the Parts Tracker with every link giving a 500 error. If this is that case for you, try deleting any ldraw.org cookies stored in you browser and try again.

There's some sort of problem going on with the script that checks if you're logged into the forums. I can see the errors in the log but it works for most users so I'm having trouble finding the source of the issue.

I am still getting the 500 error on 2 different computers using chrome. I have cleared all my browsing data including cookies and cache.
I have the same problem: shortly after I submit my part (the image I can't submit yesterday), I go to the PT Activity page and gives me the 500 server error.
(2023-02-07, 14:10)Javier Orquera Wrote: I have the same problem: shortly after I submit my part (the image I can't submit yesterday), I go to the PT Activity page and gives me the 500 server error.

That's a separate issue that I think is related to submtting replacements for "Missing" parts. Fixed for now.
This issue is now fixed
Also getting response code 500, but instead when I try uploading files to tracker
(2023-02-10, 16:25)Max Murtazin Wrote: Also getting response code 500, but instead when I try uploading files to tracker

This isn't an access problem. A 500 error just means a generic error in the server. It could be anything from a misconfiguration to a syntax error in the code. The above problem was the server returning 500 for everything, not just a specific page.

That said, I just fixed a problem with submit so try again.
Links are ok, but I can't comment on any other than my own files...
The buttons at the top/bottom say only Download / 3DView and my own Download / Review/Comment / 3DView.
It would be nice if I could comment other unofficial files too.

(and who posted 385.dat under my name?)

René
(2023-02-10, 18:02)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: Links are ok, but I can't comment on any other than my own files...
The buttons at the top/bottom say only Download / 3DView and my own Download / Review/Comment / 3DView.
It would be nice if I could comment other unofficial files too.

(and who posted 385.dat under my name?)

René

Yes, parts author can only comment on their own files. This has always been the case or should have been. I'm open to changing that policy but this thread isn't the right place.

You sent me 385 to post. I did.
If Part Authors can only comment their own files, where do corrections, critic, holds and certs come from when no one else can comment?
I am aware that I cant Hold or Certify yet, but at least the neutral Comment was availiable for all standard unofficial parts.

(and I thought you would just swap 385, that was a month ago, so I already posted 385a as alternate)
(2023-02-10, 21:27)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: If Part Authors can only comment their own files, where do corrections, critic, holds and certs come from when no one else can comment?
I am aware that I cant Hold or Certify yet, but at least the neutral Comment was availiable for all standard unofficial parts.

Part reviewers can comment on parts other than their own. Again , I'm open to discussing changes to this but you need to start a dedicated thread for that discussion.
(2023-02-11, 0:43)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Part reviewers can comment on parts other than their own. Again , I'm open to discussing changes to this but you need to start a dedicated thread for that discussion.

Ah, interesting…is that automatic? I have been able to comment on others' parts, and though I qualify as a reviewer I never specifically requested the status. (It's not a problem, just curious!)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »