LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-05 v1 now available

LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-05 v1 now available
An updated version of the LDraw All-In-One-Installer, in short AIOI, containing the LDraw Parts Library update 2022-05 with 559 new files (including 393 new parts and 33 new primitives) has been released.

The AIOI supports Windows XP (Home and Pro), Windows Vista or higher (all versions). There are two installer files available: Use the 64 Bit AIOI to install all the main 64 Bit programs, while the older 32 Bit programs are offered in a separated .exe file. Please note that only the 64 Bit version contains the LDraw Parts Library. If you want to use the 32 Bit programs it is mandatory that the library has been installed previously. The Installer will NOT run on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT Ver 4, 2000, or XP below SP2.

It contains the following changes:

* Update to Parts Library 2022-05
* Update to MLCad.ini 2022-05
* Update to Offline Parts Catalog 2022-05

You can download the AIOI from:

LDraw.org >> Help >> Get Started >> Windows >> LDraw All-In-One-Installer

Many thanks to all the programmers who contributed to this release.

Willy Tschager
(LDraw.org Content Manager)
LEGO ergo sum
RE: LDraw Parts 81346
(2022-10-13, 18:28)Auffenberg Wrote: Bein ist LEGO Technic zum Parts 81346 viele fehlen!!
[Image: technic-gear-20-tooth-with-clutch-on-both-sides][Image: technic-gear-20-tooth-with-clutch-on-both-sides]

Viele Danke, es sollt zusammen neue Parts 81346 auf LDRAW.org immer!!   Smile

I don't know which language you write originally, but please tranlate it to English and not German, thanks!
RE: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-05 v1 now available
Hi. I don't know if this has been asked anywhere, or if this is the right thread. I think it is. I've enjoyed MLCad for years; I was using v 3.4 a few days ago just fine and then it seemed to forget what colors I'd assigned to various parts. The Color ID numbers didn't change, but the colors did. In trying to solve that, I made everything worse. So I decided to start over and delete the software; apparently this thread discusses the new versions of everything. I have Windows 10, 64-bit, and, well...

I ran the LDraw All-in-One Installer 2022-05, which I had seen somewhere was supposed to also install MLCad 3.5 by default. It didn't load any version. So I followed a link that said I could download 3.5 from Mike's site separately, but 3.5 wasn't on the download page. So I downloaded and reinstalled 3.4. And it doesn't work.

I put all of it in the same directory, but when I try to open the program I get the error message below. I don't get it. When I ran the LDraw All-in-One Installer 2022-05, didn't it install a parts library? So I clicked OK but the button doesn't do anything. Initially I was getting that error when I tried to access the file from the taskbar icon. Then when I tried to use the desktop shortcut, I received a message saying the file had been moved or deleted. So I opened the Properties dialogue and clicked "Open File Location. And there it was, right where I put it. The same place I had it a few days ago, when it worked just fine.

And by the way I also tried to download the parts library separately. That didn't work either. The link on ldraw.org seems to launch a new browser window that never loads to show any content.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files
.jpg   MLCAD error.jpg (Size: 35.09 KB / Downloads: 24)
(2022-11-10, 1:12)John Antkowiak Wrote: And by the way I also tried to download the parts library separately. That didn't work either. The link on ldraw.org seems to launch a new browser window that never loads to show any content.

Hi John,

Willy will have to help you with the AIOI.

I want to address your statement above. This behavior is unexpected. What's the URL of the part of LDraw.org that is launching a new browser window and how are you getting there from the home page as I'd like to ensure there isn't some sort of problem on our end.

The current library can always be found here:
https://www.ldraw.org/parts/latest-parts.html
Hi John,

the safest way is going to:

https://www.ldraw.org/article/104.html

and download the LDraw-All-In-One-Installer AND the LDraw-Additional-Tools-Installer. The second comes with all the old 32Bit programs and should find the path to the LDraw Base Folder itself. As MLCad 3.5 is a 32Bit prog it didn't get included in the 64Bit AIOI.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2022-11-10, 1:52)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Hi John,

Willy will have to help you with the AIOI.

I want to address your statement above. This behavior is unexpected. What's the URL of the part of LDraw.org that is launching a new browser window and how are you getting there from the home page as I'd like to ensure there isn't some sort of problem on our end.

The current library can always be found here:
https://www.ldraw.org/parts/latest-parts.html

Hi, Orion. Thank you very much for your reply. I am unable to repeat the error now but initially I'd started from the home page's Parts Update 2022-05 link. I tried it twice with the same result. But today, trying it again, it instantly works as well as the link you shared with me above. They both lead to the same page. So it seems to remain a mystery but doesn't indicate any action required on your part.

Also, for what it's worth, I've been able to figure out the desktop shortcut error I described in my post. Uninstalling the software somehow didn't remove the shortcut from my taskbar. (The shortcut icon changed to a simple white rectangle - which I didn't notice until today - but the shortcut was still there.) Apparently this was a Windows 10 prompt having nothing to do with LDraw or MLCad or any action taken on my part; a certain amount of time had passed between deleting the executable and Windows throwing up the error. By that time, I had reinstalled and therefore misunderstood it.
(2022-11-10, 17:04)Willy Tschager Wrote: Hi John,

and download the LDraw-All-In-One-Installer AND the LDraw-Additional-Tools-Installer. The second comes with all the old 32Bit programs and should find the path to the LDraw Base Folder itself. As MLCad 3.5 is a 32Bit prog it didn't get included in the 64Bit AIOI.

w.

Thank you for your reply, Willy. I will do this now!  Smile
(2022-11-10, 17:04)Willy Tschager Wrote: Hi John,

w.

It seems all has been resolved with that clarification; thank you so much! I see now looking at the article 104 page again what I'd missed the first time around.

Even the color menu has been restored as I expected to see it, so all is right with the MLCad world again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »