Vulture droid printed wedge, #64225pb012, I've started if someone can take over

Vulture droid printed wedge, #64225pb012, I've started if someone can take over
I've needed this part for a very long time now but still cant figure it out. I've created a file in PS and even got it over into meca bricks but I still don't know how to get it over to Stud.io. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help finish it up? Let me know what I can send you to help! Appreciate the help!

I have a PNG of the file of the decal I created in PS available. 
The photoshop file available of course too. (I used the mecabricks template) The part looks pretty good in Mecabricks
An exported version as a 3D object from mecabricks.

Heres the BL link to the part... https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...6#T=C&C=86

I hope thats helpful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Vulture droid printed wedge, #64225pb012, I've started if someone can take over
Im trying to get this part into Studio for some rendering. Let me know if Im missing anything here. Thanks so much!!!
RE: Vulture droid printed wedge, #64225pb012, I've started if someone can take over
(2022-12-08, 6:43)Kirby Wrote: Im trying to get this part into Studio for some rendering. Let me know if Im missing anything here. Thanks so much!!!

One thing to note is that Studio uses a different PNG-to-texture method than LDraw does, so you might get more targeted answers over in the Studio forums. And while LDraw does have a method for this also (called TEXMAP), this pattern is simple/geometric enough that we probably wouldn't use that (you'd just colorize the tri- and quadrangles directly into the part).

Another thing I notice (if using the Studio texture method) is that you've separated the side panel of the pattern (gray area) from the top panel part. Probably makes sense for Mecabricks, but I'm guessing Studio will want to see it as a single, connected area that it can wrap/project around the unpatterned part in Part Designer.

That said, this is a totally doable job for the wizards here at LDraw, and your preview image should help, so if you're not on a deadline I'm sure it can happen soon… ;-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »