Star Wars Part Requests (1999)

Star Wars Part Requests (1999)
Hey!

I'm a longtime LDD user who, three days ago, switched to Bricklink Studio after a long break. Since then, I've been going through and attempting to build every single official LEGO Star Wars model, in order of release.

I'm nearing the end of the 1999 sets and I'm noticing an increasing number of parts that cannot be imported into Studio. Many can be replaced with a near-identical part, but there are three that I feel could benefit from being fully recreated and, hopefully, added to Studio in some way, shape, or form. These parts are as follows:

FROM 7151 (Sith Infiltrator)
- 30366px3 (Windscreen 3 x 6 x 5 Bubble with Sith Infiltrator Pattern)
- 3037px2 (Slope 45 2 x 4 with Dark Gray and Black Lines Pattern)

FROM 7171 (Mos Espa Podrace)
- sw0980 (Sebulba)

I should note that sw0980 isn't catalogued on Bricklink as a part because it's a one-piece minifigure. I don't know if that bars it from being made available for importing into studio, but I included it here just in case it can be added.

I don't know if it helps, but I attached what I could find in the Bricklink catalogue to represent these missing parts.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way, or if any of these parts are available but I overlooked them.

Attached Files
.jpg   3037px2.jpg (Size: 153.81 KB / Downloads: 217)
.jpg   30366px3.jpg (Size: 52.52 KB / Downloads: 207)
.jpg   sw0980.jpg (Size: 53.49 KB / Downloads: 206)
RE: Star Wars Part Requests (1999)
Not to hijack the discussion, but may I ask what you are doing about capes? I also started to build some of the early SW sets, but quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to properly cape my minifigs without lots of collisions.
(2022-05-22, 4:07)N. W. Perry Wrote: Not to hijack the discussion, but may I ask what you are doing about capes? I also started to build some of the early SW sets, but quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to properly cape my minifigs without lots of collisions.

I just turned off collision detection. If the triangular warning sign above "collision" is red (near the top left), collision detection is on. Once I turned that off, I stopped having issues (though you'll get some phasing).
(2022-05-22, 6:36)Steven Wrote: I just turned off collision detection. If the triangular warning sign above "collision" is red (near the top left), collision detection is on. Once I turned that off, I stopped having issues (though you'll get some phasing).

Ah, the old e-tape over the check engine light trick! Wink
3037px2 done!!
https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...037ps5.dat
(2022-05-22, 3:00)Steven Wrote: Hey!

I'm a longtime LDD user who, three days ago, switched to Bricklink Studio after a long break. Since then, I've been going through and attempting to build every single official LEGO Star Wars model, in order of release.

I'm nearing the end of the 1999 sets and I'm noticing an increasing number of parts that cannot be imported into Studio. Many can be replaced with a near-identical part, but there are three that I feel could benefit from being fully recreated and, hopefully, added to Studio in some way, shape, or form. These parts are as follows:

- sw0980 (Sebulba)

I should note that sw0980 isn't catalogued on Bricklink as a part because it's a one-piece minifigure. I don't know if that bars it from being made available for importing into studio, but I included it here just in case it can be added.

I don't know if it helps, but I attached what I could find in the Bricklink catalogue to represent these missing parts.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way, or if any of these parts are available but I overlooked them.

I might be able to do 30366px3 but need to see if I can gather enough source images first. Or has anyone else started on this one maybe?
(2022-05-25, 17:14)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: I might be able to do 30366px3 but need to see if I can gather enough source images first. Or has anyone else started on this one maybe?

Not yet for me. Could you go ahead for 30366px3?

sw0980 should be the hardest, as raw mesh is not in the LDD, Unity or Instructions App collection  Sad
(2022-05-26, 12:57)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: Not yet for me. Could you go ahead for 30366px3?

sw0980 should be the hardest, as raw mesh is not in the LDD, Unity or Instructions App collection  Sad

Yes, I can try. But I just realized that there are gradients in this print.  Do I need to go with TEXMAP then? Or do we just dither them roughly?

Attached Files
.png   gradients.png (Size: 180.73 KB / Downloads: 177)
(2022-05-26, 12:57)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: Not yet for me. Could you go ahead for 30366px3?

I will give sw0980 a try in ZBrush. see if I can make the initial mesh at least
(2022-05-22, 3:00)Steven Wrote: Hey!

- sw0980 (Sebulba)

First quick pass on Sebulba in Zbrush. With some adjustments and cleanup this might work well Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2022-05-28, 11:13)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: First quick pass on Sebulba in Zbrush. With some adjustments and cleanup this might work well Smile

Wow!! Truly amazing work!!
We're looking forward to seeing it on PT.

BTW, might you be able to create this one, even Philo has given up due to the difficult shape without raw mesh.
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-24713.html
(2022-05-28, 14:24)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: Wow!! Truly amazing work!!

BTW, might you be able to create this one, even Philo has given up due to the difficult shape without raw mesh.

I'll see what I can do. Probably need some more reference photos. But should be doable in a sculpting software.
There is a version of Sebulba present in LDD.
92754 + 92755

I've started a clean up, but it will take some time

https://images.brickset.com/sets/Additio...5_alt3.jpg
(2022-05-29, 8:45)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: There is a version of Sebulba present in LDD.
92754 + 92755

I've started a clean up, but it will take some tilme

https://images.brickset.com/sets/Additio...5_alt3.jpg

Nice! Yeah this is the newer version. The scale on this one is a bit weird. But it's nice with more details and colors. How do you check LDD nowadays?
(2022-05-29, 10:00)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: How do you check LDD nowadays?

https://mycroftproject.com/search-engine...Digibricks

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2022-05-29, 14:35)Willy Tschager Wrote: https://mycroftproject.com/search-engine...Digibricks

w.

Or, if you don't want to or can't install a plugin, just use the master list and the built in browser page search:
http://www.digital-bricks.de/en/statistic4.php
(2022-05-28, 14:24)Takeshi Takahashi Wrote: Wow!! Truly amazing work!!

I think resolution is getting closer. A bit more cleanup and I will try to make first version. Just need to figure out the base. (I do not own this part. So purely done on refs)
Is this base based(pun intended) on something I can find on PT?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2022-05-29, 18:39)Fredrik Hareide Wrote: I think resolution is getting closer. A bit more cleanup and I will try to make first version. Just need to figure out the base. (I do not own this part. So purely done on refs)
Is this base based(pun intended) on something I can find on PT?

Nice job!!!

Don't forget to add links to the pics of the bottom to the PT.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2022-05-29, 8:45)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I've started a clean up, but it will take some time

https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi...ope=header

Attached Files
.ldr   sebulba.ldr (Size: 285 bytes / Downloads: 2)
My apologies for being out of the loop on this for so long. I thought I'd be receiving notifications of replies via email, but I've not been.

Thank you all for your efforts thus far! I was able to successfully locate and import 3037px2. By the looks of it, work on 30366px3 and sw0980 is still going, but that's perfectly fine. I respect your contributions and am fine with you taking all the time you need to properly create these parts.
Hi, I just wanted to check in and see how things were going with 30366px3 and sw0980. Does anyone have any updates? If not, that's fine.

Best regards,
Steven
(2022-07-01, 20:31)Steven Wrote: Hi, I just wanted to check in and see how things were going with 30366px3 and sw0980. Does anyone have any updates? If not, that's fine.

Best regards,
Steven

It's now finally on PT!
https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/34558
The Sith Infiltrator dome is on the tracker as well as a non-texmap pattern (30366ps3)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »