Value of colours in LDconfig.ldr

Value of colours in LDconfig.ldr
Hello,

I would like to know how the values for the colors were determined.
I have noticed differences between the values in the LDConfig.ldr file and the values on Ryan Howerter's page.

The value for black is different

Value for black: Ryan Howerter's $000000,     LDConfig $1B2A34

Also the values of the milky colors

LDConfig                      Ryan Howerter

Lego-ID       Lego name            LDraw ID     Value               LDraw ID        Value

50           Phosphorent White         294         $BDC6AD             50             $E5DFD3
294         Phosphorent Green        21           $E0FFB0               294           $D5DC8A
329         White Glow                     329         $F5F307                329           $F5F307

There are also discrepancies in the mapping of the LDraw ID to the Lego color numbers in both sources. Sad

Regards

Manfred
RE: Value of colours in LDconfig.ldr
(2022-05-19, 20:10)Manfred Schaefer Wrote: Hello,

I would like to know how the values for the colors were determined.
I have noticed differences between the values in the LDConfig.ldr file and the values on Ryan Howerter's page.

The value for black is different

Value for black: Ryan Howerter's $000000,     LDConfig $1B2A34

Also the values of the milky colors

LDConfig                      Ryan Howerter

Lego-ID       Lego name            LDraw ID     Value               LDraw ID        Value

50           Phosphorent White         294         $BDC6AD             50             $E5DFD3
294         Phosphorent Green        21           $E0FFB0               294           $D5DC8A
329         White Glow                     329         $F5F307                329           $F5F307

There are also discrepancies in the mapping of the LDraw ID to the Lego color numbers in both sources. Sad

Regards

Manfred

* RGBs are copied from the current only available official source: LDD
* Trans colors are optimized for rendering
* Numbering is not consistent due to the fact that LDraw assign color numbers long before LEGO started sharing their internal number (I think around 2003). So all LEGO numbers where a LDraw number was already in place had to me relocated. You'll surely have seen that we started using numbers in the 10000 range. This is due to unknown LEGO color numbers and avoiding that the same mishap happens again.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »