Need more time.

Need more time.
Orion,

A clean-up of the Part Tracker is long overdue and it's good to see that it's now started.
I know you as a Doer. Act now, and reflect and correct later. Myself, I'm an Analyst, and as such I know I need a Doer to push on.

But as a more analytical person I need more time to reflect and think. I think things are maybe moving too fast right now.
Could you please give us time to catch up and think, instead of a couple of days maybe a week or two, before you go ahead?
RE: Need more time.
Fair enough. Consider it done.
I on the other hand like the pace. Much.Big Grin

w.
LEGO ergo sum
So I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Right now the pace seems fast since I'm trying to wrap may arms around the scope of what is there. I haven't been a regular reviewer and haven't been a party to some of the non-forum discussions about things. These discussions are why I made this forum. I'm also focusing the bulk of my attention on old parts and seeing what can be done to get these off the tracker.

The pace will slow down. I promise. And I'll allow more time for discussion of the issues I do raise here on the forum.
Just to add, I do appreciate your having moved some of these discussion into the forum, as opposed to part review threads or other off-line methods. It really seems to help preserve the information for posterity, even if the immediate need is just to accomplish some quick task.

I've been doing some "historical" reading of the older newsgroups, and I've learned a lot of informative tidbits that simply aren't written down anywhere else. But I know there's at least as much knowledge (probably far more) that's simply been lost to the ether. So I tend to write out a lot of my own thought process—partly because it helps me think things through, but also because it's a way to memorialize the event.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »