8527 - Mindstorms - NXT (LEGO Digital Designer Robots)

8527 - Mindstorms - NXT (LEGO Digital Designer Robots)
I created the three 8527 - Mindstorms NXT LEGO Digital Designer robots that are from the LEGO Digital Designer software which are Basket Bot, QuickDraw and Whacker. I exported these models from LEGO Digital Designer v2 and tweaked them in LeoCAD by dividing the model into submodels and creating building steps. I made the steps be as close as they can be to the official Mindstorm NXT building instructions by LEGO and with the rest of the attachments I designed the steps to be logically as possible.

In this post I will attach the Basket Bot LDraw file and in post two and three I will attack the QuickDraw and Whacker LDraw files.

I even made PDF building instructions of these three models which were created using LPub3D which I will include in the attached file in the fourth, fifth and sixth post.

This is one of my first LDraw models that I would like to share. I hope this can be added to the official model repository in the future.

Let me know what you think!

Set
https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/build...tions/8527

Instructions Templete Used
https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/...520728.pdf

Attached Files
.mpd   8527 - Mindstorms - NXT (Basket Bot Tribot).mpd (Size: 19.97 KB / Downloads: 11)
RE: 8527 - Mindstorms - NXT (LEGO Digital Designer Robots)
QuickDraw Tribot file attachment.

Attached Files
.mpd   8527 - Mindstorms - NXT (QuickDraw Tribot).mpd (Size: 21.13 KB / Downloads: 9)
Whacker Tribot file attachment.

Attached Files
.mpd   8527 - Mindstorms - NXT (Whacker Tribot).mpd (Size: 18.7 KB / Downloads: 9)
Basket Bot Tribot instructions file attachment.

Attached Files
.zip   8527 - Mindstorms - NXT (Basket Bot Tribot).zip (Size: 5.47 MB / Downloads: 7)
QuickDraw Tribot instructions file attachment.

Attached Files
.zip   8527 - Mindstorms - NXT (QuickDraw Tribot).zip (Size: 6.37 MB / Downloads: 6)
Whacker Tribot instructions file attachment.

Attached Files
.zip   8527 - Mindstorms - NXT (Whacker Tribot).zip (Size: 5.53 MB / Downloads: 7)
I am not sure if the cables need to be generated like in model in the link below since these 3 NXT models never had building instructions and were official models from LEGO Digital Designer.

For whatever reasons the latest version of LEGO Digital Designer will not load the 3 NXT models correctly with many bricks missing and moved. It does load correctly in LEGO Digital Designer v2 which I do have an EXE of but finding the EXE would be hard to find online.

When loading these files in LEGO Digital Designer v2, it does not generate the cables for the motors like in the model in the link below and there are no cables for the sensors.

Otherwise the model should be ready to go for the OMR.

http://omr.ldraw.org/files/1711
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »