LDCad Any way to make submodel center without submodel part moving?

Any way to make submodel center without submodel part moving?
I took a LDraw model I made and broke it up into submodels. Each submodel is not centered when you view the submodel. Is there a way I can move and rotate the submodel but not have the submodel part in the main submodel be moved or rotated? Everythng in the main model is in place and it would be nice if the submodels were centered when viewing the submodels on their own.
RE: Any way to make submodel center without submodel part moving?
(2021-06-01, 4:48)yevillustd Wrote: I took a LDraw model I made and broke it up into submodels. Each submodel is not centered when you view the submodel. Is there a way I can move and rotate the submodel but not have the submodel part in the main submodel be moved or rotated? Everythng in the main model is in place and it would be nice if the submodels were centered when viewing the submodels on their own.

If you mean you want to center it into view, it should be so automatically when opening its session. Or use 'C' to reset the view after you moved the camera.

If you mean the 0,0,0 coordinate system center, more work is needed.

You can move a sub model to the 0,0,0 position by selecting all its parts (ctrl+a) followed by shift+c

But then you would also need to re-position it within the main model (change its coordinates to the old center position of the submodel, given the same coordinate system is used).

You could write a macro for this though.

I don't know how you reorganized the model in the first place, but in the future you'll probably want to look at the build in submodel organization tools.

The right click menu 'reorganize/move to subfile...' one does all the above for you while making the submodel (use the 'relative' option if you also want thing to be rotated into a neautral orientation).
RE: Any way to make submodel center without submodel part moving?
Sorry I meant to select LeoCad, not LDCad. Is it possible to do this easily in any LDraw software?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »