i need help with the flexible bended minifig whip

i need help with the flexible bended minifig whip
no matter what i do, i cannot flex it with any lego studio's flex tool, any help on how to do it in stud.io since that's the one i use the most, and no i do not want to add flexability myself, i do not have the time to do that.
RE: i need help with the flexible bended minifig whip
(2020-09-06, 19:00)Mcdichael Wrote: no matter what i do, i cannot flex it with any lego studio's flex tool, any help on how to do it in stud.io since that's the one i use the most, and no i do not want to add flexability myself, i do not have the time to do that.

Studio isn’t open source, so if they don’t have a flex version of the part, all you can do is hope for it to be added someday. You could always request it on the Studio forum, I suppose.

Or did you mean that Studio does have it, and you just can’t get the flex tool to work properly? In my experience, that’s simply a core feature of Studio’s flex tool—it don’t work. ;-)
(2020-09-06, 22:37)N. W. Perry Wrote: Studio isn’t open source, so if they don’t have a flex version of the part, all you can do is hope for it to be added someday. You could always request it on the Studio forum, I suppose.

Or did you mean that Studio does have it, and you just can’t get the flex tool to work properly? In my experience, that’s simply a core feature of Studio’s flex tool—it don’t work. ;-)
the part says it's flexible, it just doesn't show the option to flex it, is it because it isn't flexible or something? if there is a flexible variant of the bent whip, please link all urls for minifig whips if there is one.
(2020-09-07, 17:59)Mcdichael Wrote: the part says it's flexible, it just doesn't show the option to flex it, is it because it isn't flexible or something? if there is a flexible variant of the bent whip, please link all urls for minifig whips if there is one.

It is flexible, in real life. But it looks like the Studio part is not. (Those that are have a little horseshoe-shaped icon in the part bin.)

To my knowledge, there aren't any LDCad flexible templates for whips, either. It should be possible to make one, but I realize you've already ruled that out. But maybe someone else reading has a version they've whipped up?

There are also a couple of formed versions of whip parts, depending on which specific one you're looking for and if it's a configuration used in an official set. But those are also static parts; you can't manipulate them directly.
(2020-09-06, 19:00)Mcdichael Wrote: no matter what i do, i cannot flex it with any lego studio's flex tool, any help on how to do it in stud.io since that's the one i use the most, and no i do not want to add flexability myself, i do not have the time to do that.

Hi Mcdichael,

Though the element has the word "flexible" in the description does not mean you can form and bend it in Stud.io, like NW Perry pointed out.
The reason you cannot flex it in studio is that is not made like that.
There are various elements that can be formed and bent and that can be done in LDCad, part of the LDraw family of software.
The whip however is not flexible in LDraw / LDCad either.

Stud.io is not LDraw, though the parts library is mostly based on the LDraw library, but not maintained by us here at LDraw.
If you have any questions regarding working with Stud.io, please refer to the forums over at Bricklink https://forum.bricklink.com/.

Jaco
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »