LDCad None of the parts are showing up!

None of the parts are showing up!
I have installed LDraw just recently and opened up LDCad. However, none of the pieces are showing up on the GUI. Is there something I did wrong during the installation process? All of the pieces were installed to my knowledge.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: None of the parts are showing up!
(2020-07-14, 17:14)Alec Rousseau Wrote: I have installed LDraw just recently and opened up LDCad. However, none of the pieces are showing up on the GUI. Is there something I did wrong during the installation process? All of the pieces were installed to my knowledge.

Can you tell us what your installation process was? Then we might know if something went wrong. ;-)

In any event, first thing to check would be that LDCad is looking in the correct place for your ldraw library. That's set using the first item in the LDraw menu.
(2020-07-14, 18:34)N. W. Perry Wrote: Can you tell us what your installation process was? Then we might know if something went wrong. ;-)

In any event, first thing to check would be that LDCad is looking in the correct place for your ldraw library. That's set using the first item in the LDraw menu.
Where would the correct place for that be?
Also, for installation, I just used the All-in-one installer and kept the things that were already checked to be installed; didn't select anything else. I didn't know what to do when the prompt to "locate main (official) ldraw library" came up so I closed the prompt and the installer kept doing its thing.
(2020-07-14, 18:49)Alec Rousseau Wrote: I didn't know what to do when the prompt to "locate main (official) ldraw library" came up so I closed the prompt and the installer kept doing its thing.

When that question is asked you are expected to point the program to the main ldraw parts location (it contains a parts and p subfolder.

Alternatively you can also point it to a location containing complete.zip (as downloaded from ldraw.org)

Easiest way to fix is to reset LDCad's configuration, see also:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/faq#faq_cfgRst

This said, the all in one installer should have done this for you so there might be a bug in that installer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »