Returning user needs help updating older models with obsolete parts

Returning user needs help updating older models with obsolete parts
Hey guys, I could use some help. I've been away from LDraw and LDCad for quite some time, and decided to get back into it. I downloaded the latest parts libraries and tried opening my old .ldr files, and every single part is showing up as obsolete, with a white bounding box outlining each part in the model. Rather than have to manually go in and update every single piece with their updated files by hand, is there a script or something for LDCad which will automatically update my old models?
RE: Returning user needs help updating older models with obsolete parts
I think MPD-Center is your tool.
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2020-06-08, 21:48)Bob G Wrote: Hey guys, I could use some help. I've been away from LDraw and LDCad for quite some time, and decided to get back into it. I downloaded the latest parts libraries and tried opening my old .ldr files, and every single part is showing up as obsolete, with a white bounding box outlining each part in the model. Rather than have to manually go in and update every single piece with their updated files by hand, is there a script or something for LDCad which will automatically update my old models?
every single part... wow. We did some updates, but not that much. Could also be a configuration problem. Can you share a screenshot?
(2020-06-09, 7:57)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: every single part... wow. We did some updates, but not that much. Could also be a configuration problem. Can you share a screenshot?

Maybe he had used the Parts with Element ID in his model?
(2020-06-09, 7:57)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: every single part... wow. We did some updates, but not that much. Could also be a configuration problem. Can you share a screenshot?

Indeed,

also having white outlines isn't an obsolete indication.

It's the alternative selection / hot tracking method.

If you didn't enabled that it could indicate an OpenGL problem as it is the fallback method if the conditional line shader failed to load.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »