Organic Parts

Organic Parts
I wanted to check with you, who has used LDPE to produce "organic parts" which are only in system given their bounding box.

I selected the Correlian Hound (36032) to try modelling my first part.

So far this is the result I can share no. It went pretty smooth, actually smoother than I thought I have to say. Now the touching up of the tail part and the modeling of the head is pending.

My approach was to take orthogonal pictures and trace the main lines with triangles in LDPC, import those into LDPE and move the vertices around...

Anybody having a different approach?

RE: Organic Parts
(2020-02-21, 23:12)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I wanted to check with you, who has used LDPE to produce "organic parts" which are only in system given their bounding box.

The part looks amazing, but I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. I model my organic shapes in 3D via the vertex editor - one by one.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2020-02-22, 8:46)Willy Tschager Wrote: The part looks amazing, but I don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. I model my organic shapes in 3D via the vertex editor - one by one.

w.

That was my starting point, triangles in LDPC, it would be good to have an option to add only lines -> that's for Nils :-)

I move them over to LDPE, Create panes and intersect them or move the vertices.

(2020-02-22, 9:02)Gerald Lasser Wrote: That was my starting point, triangles in LDPC, it would be good to have an option to add only lines -> that's for Nils :-)
I move them over to LDPE, Create panes and intersect them or move the vertices.
Wow. Wow!
Very impressive work! I have done many parts using similar methods, but I never attempted such complex shapes yet. A tool I toss in often is Pathtruder to get smooth skins in one chunk, but I generally obtain the path and shape files using orthogonal photos and LDPE. The last parts I did this way are the 2020 Technic Catamaran hull pieces, soon on PT!
Still need to close the throat part, but here is a fist render of the printed version with pretty much all of the cond-lines are still missing.
I am not 100% satisfied with the face part yet, I need to see if I can touch this up a bit more... and simplify the toes.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »