Complete 33216 Belville Wall, Door 1 x 4 x 11 1/3 Arched Top

33216 Belville Wall, Door 1 x 4 x 11 1/3 Arched Top
Information 
Hello Gerald,

thank you for creating 33213 "Belville Wall, Tower with Window". Now only 33216 "Belville Wall, Door 1 x 4 x 11 1/3 Arched Top" is missing to complete an instruction for my MOC Castle in LDraw. Would you mind helping me out? Angel

Kind regards,

Alexander
RE: 33216 Belville Wall, Door 1 x 4 x 11 1/3 Arched Top
(2020-01-05, 17:21)Alexander U. Wrote: Hello Gerald,

thank you for creating 33213 "Belville Wall, Tower with Window". Now only 33216 "Belville Wall, Door 1 x 4 x 11 1/3 Arched Top" is missing to complete an instruction for my MOC Castle in LDraw. Would you mind helping me out? Angel

Kind regards,

Alexander
Great to see the part being used! 

I've got the door at home, but I have to find it. I will do it.
(2020-01-05, 18:09)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Great to see the part being used!

"...the part we all have been waiting for :-)" Cool
(2020-01-05, 18:46)Alexander U. Wrote: "...the part we all have been waiting for :-)" Cool

Ha! Big Grin

The door is taking shape...

Just noticed when trying the part in Studio that they took over the raw part from digital-bricks... with all the shortcomings and an origin, somewhere in space

Bonus render as is now:

(2020-01-07, 23:14)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Ha! Big Grin

The door is taking shape...

Just noticed when trying the part in Studio that they took over the raw part from digital-bricks... with all the shortcomings and an origin, somewhere in space

Bonus render as is now:

Yah. They've been doing that. I ran into when rendering the Y-Wing. And it overrides anything you put in CustomParts. So you have to create a new part in CustomParts with the LDraw geometry and a slightly different name and then change the reference to the new CustomPart.
Quote:Just noticed when trying the part in Studio that they took over the raw part from digital-bricks... with all the shortcomings and an origin, somewhere in space
This in not an issue within Studio as origin/orientation is defined outside part file (where???). But they forgot to include the equivalent of Ldraw.xml to ensure LDraw compatibility Sad

(2020-01-08, 0:47)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Yah. They've been doing that. I ran into when rendering the Y-Wing. And it overrides anything you put in CustomParts. So you have to create a new part in CustomParts with the LDraw geometry and a slightly different name and then change the reference to the new CustomPart.
The other way is to overwrite Studio part with the correct LDraw part in Studio library (C:\Program Files\Studio 2.0\ldraw). It breaks Studio, but who cares Big Grin
et voila!

Here's the door! I am looking forward to your opinions on the top arch, due to the prim-usage and tricks to get gaps closed when doing prim substitution, there are minuscule gaps...

(2020-01-10, 16:42)Gerald Lasser Wrote: et voila!

Here's the door! I am looking forward to your opinions on the top arch, due to the prim-usage and tricks to get gaps closed when doing prim substitution, there are minuscule gaps...
Looks good to me... minuscule enough!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »