submodels not appearing in used models partbin

submodels not appearing in used models partbin
Brick 
on lDCad 1.6d linux mint.
i have no idea what i did, but for some reason whenever i make a new submodel and return to the home model, the created submodel does not show up in the used models partbin (all models used by the current model recursively).
to test this i reopened an older .ldr and the submodels i already had there still show up. its just new ones that dont. I don't know what setting to look for to fix this.
RE: submodels not appearing in used models partbin
(2020-05-15, 5:51)Moreau Wrote: on lDCad 1.6d linux mint.
i have no idea what i did, but for some reason whenever i make a new submodel and return to the home model, the created submodel does not show up in the used models partbin (all models used by the current model recursively).
to test this i reopened an older .ldr and the submodels i already had there still show up. its just new ones that dont. I don't know what setting to look for to fix this.

Does this happen with any new file you create, or just a specific one?

Is the new submodel being created as a separate file, perhaps, rather than a subfile of the current session? Or is it disappearing entirely?
(2020-05-15, 5:51)Moreau Wrote: on lDCad 1.6d linux mint.

If you are using the "Used models" group it will only show submodels which are actually used in the current model.

So a new model which isn't added yet won't show up.

I'm thinking you really want to use the "File content" group, which shows everything in the current container file used of not.

It's the one with the "'document and orange MPD label" icon.
Brick 
(2020-05-15, 18:55)Roland Melkert Wrote: If you are using the "Used models" group it will only show submodels which are actually used in the current model.

I'm thinking you really want to use the "File content" group, which shows everything in the current container file used of not.

Then something must have changed sometime between 1.6c and 1.6d. because i don't remember it being a feature that it hides new submodels that by definition are still part of the overall model even if not yet used in the partspace. i like to use the little house buttons when creating new submodels and returning to the main model. i've never before used the "file content" partbin for submodels, as i could just as easily goto the "All models... recursively" partbin to pull submodels into partspace (and i didn't know what it was for since it was indicating a document). Making the submodel disappear or be invisible is frustrating and makes one of two partbins a bit redundant.

this was not intended to be a rant.
it may be possible i was using the file content partbin without realizing it, but intuition dictates i am not mistaken.
(2020-05-15, 18:55)Roland Melkert Wrote: If you are using the "Used models" group it will only show submodels which are actually used in the current model.

by the way, is there a plain-text document that shows all the model steps, parts, colors, and locations/orientations?
(2020-05-25, 7:31)Moreau Wrote: by the way, is there a plain-text document that shows all the model steps, parts, colors, and locations/orientations?
Yes, you can add a source window. View->new source window if I remember well (not on my computer now!)
(2020-05-25, 8:19)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Yes, you can add a source window. View->new source window if I remember well (not on my computer now!)
great... now what am i looking at? seems to be the same information as selection - > properties.
the white number is the step location?
the blue number is the color.
the green number is the part location in x, y, z.
the yellow number is some unknown orientation matrix. not sure how that works and i don't want to break my model so i'll leave it alone.
the last white number is the brick type.

is there a way to edit this text?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »