[LDCad] recent submodels

[LDCad] recent submodels
In current implementation, I can easily toggle between the two last edited submodels using End key. Nice, but often I would like to be able to easily access the three last edited submodels.

Use case: I have a parent model with one submodel on right side, and I want to create the mirrored submodel forleft side. So I edit right side submodel, duplicate it to left side submodel, mirror it but... now I need to navigate in current session parts bin to find again parent model.

Dunno what would be the best user interface: End key cycling between the 3 latest edited submodels?
RE: [LDCad] recent submodels
(2019-10-11, 7:09)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: <snip>

Dunno what would be the best user interface: End key cycling between the 3 latest edited submodels?

Perhaps the ability to specify a value for 'N' and then the end key cycles between the latest 'N' edited sub-models? 'N' would by default be set to 2, so that it mirrored current behaviour for the End key but a user supplied value for 'N' would be saved between user invocations of LDCad so you wouldn't have to change its value each time you run LDCad.

David
(2019-10-11, 8:21)David Manley Wrote: Perhaps the ability to specify a value for 'N' and then the end key cycles between the latest 'N' edited sub-models? 'N' would by default be set to 2, so that it mirrored current behaviour for the End key but a user supplied value for 'N' would be saved between user invocations of LDCad so you wouldn't have to change its value each time you run LDCad.
Yes, I like that!
(2019-10-11, 7:09)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: In current implementation, I can easily toggle between the two last edited submodels using End key. Nice, but often I would like to be able to easily access the three last edited submodels.
Ah, I have had the same problem many times. But instead of "cycling over N submodels" and "setting N" with hotkeys (which look too much as "machine interface" more than "human interface" for me), I'd prefer a variation of simple Alt-Tab hotkey known from Windows or Linux: showing a list of all submodels sorted by the time of "visit".
(2019-10-11, 7:09)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Dunno what would be the best user interface: End key cycling between the 3 latest edited submodels?

I could change the internal 'prevSession' variable to a list (unlimited, so no need for 'N') quite easily but I'm not sure how to navigate it without making things confusing.

Only thing I can think of is a time controlled approach, so press end multiple times within a second of the last will go to the previous previous session. Otherwise the previous one will be the one you came from like normal.

fyi: There's also ctrl+end to go to the main model.
(2019-10-14, 17:47)Roland Melkert Wrote: I could change the internal 'prevSession' variable to a list (unlimited, so no need for 'N') quite easily but I'm not sure how to navigate it without making things confusing.
This is what I already described above: if it worked like Alt-Tab in MS Windows it would allow a jump to any submodel in a user-friendly way.
Sorry to hijack this topic but this question is related to submodels. 

One of the things I find of great use in stud.io is the ability to take on any selection of parts and "transform" it into a submodel (it even remains in the correct place!). I find it most useful. Is there any way to accomplish this in LDCad?
(2019-12-10, 17:27)Miguel Reizinho Wrote: Sorry to hijack this topic but this question is related to submodels. 

One of the things I find of great use in stud.io is the ability to take on any selection of parts and "transform" it into a submodel (it even remains in the correct place!). I find it most useful. Is there any way to accomplish this in LDCad?

Yes.

- Make your selection
- Right click
- Choose Reorganize->Move to subfile
(2019-12-10, 18:27)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Yes.

- Make your selection
- Right click
- Choose Reorganize->Move to subfile

Thank you! That's really helpful!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »