Minor LDCad annoyance

Minor LDCad annoyance
I have a minor LDCad annoyance that would be cool if it were addressed in 1.6d or later. When you click the "Add submodel" button (or the menu entry) and then subsequently change your mind and click "Cancel" on the ensuring dialog, a submodel is still created with the default name. This normally wouldn't be a huge issue (and, to be honest, it isn't now) but the "Add Submodel" button is right next to and looks very similar to the "Open main submodel" button. Sometime I accidentally click the wrong button and it would be nice if the cancel button actually cancelled the creation of a new submodel.
RE: Minor LDCad annoyance
Glad not to be alone with this problem ?
For me it's the visual confusion between the two '+' icons (add step / add submodel) which fools me...
(2019-12-19, 19:28)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I have a minor LDCad annoyance that would be cool if it were addressed in 1.6d or later. When you click the "Add submodel" button (or the menu entry) and then subsequently change your mind and click "Cancel" on the ensuring dialog, a submodel is still created with the default name. This normally wouldn't be a huge issue (and, to be honest, it isn't now) but the "Add Submodel" button is right next to and looks very similar to the "Open main submodel" button. Sometime I accidentally click the wrong button and it would be nice if the cancel button actually cancelled the creation of a new submodel.

Technically you cancel editing the header, not adding the subfile itself Big Grin

You could just remove or move the button in the menu bar (right click -> 'menubar config..' -> buttons tab -> select "add new sub..." in right panel -> '<<<' button)

I'll try to improve it in 1.6d. But I don't think the code 'knows' it came from that button at that point in time, making it less then trivial to change.
(2019-12-19, 20:22)Roland Melkert Wrote: Technically you cancel editing the header, not adding the subfile itself Big Grin

You could just remove or move the button in the menu bar (right click -> 'menubar config..' -> buttons tab -> select "add new sub..." in right panel -> '<<<' button)

I'll try to improve it in 1.6d. But I don't think the code 'knows' it came from that button at that point in time, making it less then trivial to change.

No worries. Like I said, just a minor annoyance. I'll just hotkey it for now to avoid having to click the menu button.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »