Problem with perspective in LPub3D

Problem with perspective in LPub3D
Hello Lego Fans,
I have a problem with the perspective in LPub3D. the escape point seems to be wrong. As a result, the farther rear part looks larger than the closer front part. I had the same effect synonymous in studio 2.0, but could help me johann there and you could fix it by switching to the camera icon. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

LDCad 1.6c, LPub3D 2.3.6 (i don´t want to use the newest Version, because this Version has the fewest Side-Effects), used Render-Tool LDView
best regards
Stefan

Attached Files
.pdf   Perspective.pdf (Size: 248.7 KB / Downloads: 11)
RE: Problem with perspective in LPub3D
(2019-10-27, 11:34)Stefan Weinert Wrote: I have a problem with the perspective in LPub3D. the escape point seems to be wrong.

The Field Of View (FOV) angle seems to be very low, (e.g 15 degrees).

Don't know how you change that, might even be using the current default of LDView.

But if you can find the setting change it to something like 45 degrees.
(2019-10-27, 21:09)Roland Melkert Wrote: The Field Of View (FOV) angle seems to be very low, (e.g 15 degrees).

Don't know how you change that, might even be using the current default of LDView.

But if you can find the setting change it to something like 45 degrees.

Many thanks for the answer! Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the LDView at all, so I have to search for this setting first
(2019-10-27, 11:34)Stefan Weinert Wrote: Hello Lego Fans,
I have a problem with the perspective in LPub3D. the escape point seems to be wrong. As a result, the farther rear part looks larger than the closer front part. I had the same effect synonymous in studio 2.0, but could help me johann there and you could fix it by switching to the camera icon. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

LDCad 1.6c, LPub3D 2.3.6 (i don´t want to use the newest Version, because this Version has the fewest Side-Effects), used Render-Tool LDView
best regards
Stefan

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. LPub3D intentionally uses a very small FOV (probably something like 0.1) for step images when using LDView as a renderer (to simulate orthographic projection). The General tab of LDView's preferences has a "Field of View" setting, and values between 30 and 45 generally look pretty reasonable for a non-orthographic look. I'm not sure if LPub3D allows you to touch the field of view on step images, though, because all LEGO instructions use orthographic projection, and it is trying to replicate that look.
(2019-10-28, 6:48)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. LPub3D intentionally uses a very small FOV (probably something like 0.1) for step images when using LDView as a renderer (to simulate orthographic projection). The General tab of LDView's preferences has a "Field of View" setting, and values between 30 and 45 generally look pretty reasonable for a non-orthographic look. I'm not sure if LPub3D allows you to touch the field of view on step images, though, because all LEGO instructions use orthographic projection, and it is trying to replicate that look.

My knowledge of LDView and LPub3D are unfortunately very low. What can I do to correct the perspective?
(2019-10-28, 14:19)Stefan Weinert Wrote: My knowledge of LDView and LPub3D are unfortunately very low. What can I do to correct the perspective?
Looks like a orthographic/perspective switch has been added to LPub3D relatively recently. See https://github.com/trevorsandy/lpub3d/issues/175 (description of setting at the end of the (long) page)
(2019-10-28, 14:57)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Looks like a orthographic/perspective switch has been added to LPub3D relatively recently. See https://github.com/trevorsandy/lpub3d/issues/175 (description of setting at the end of the (long) page)

Oh, thank you for the answer! That explains it. So I have to install a more recent version but probably. the 2.3.6 did a good job for me
(2019-10-28, 15:30)Stefan Weinert Wrote: Oh, thank you for the answer! That explains it. So I have to install a more recent version but probably. the 2.3.6 did a good job for me

Unfortunately I still have the same effect despite version 2.3.13, where I can switch between "perspective" and "orthographic". I have again put my settings in the appendix

Attached Files
.pdf   New Version.pdf (Size: 291.1 KB / Downloads: 5)
(2019-10-29, 8:50)Stefan Weinert Wrote: Unfortunately I still have the same effect despite version 2.3.13, where I can switch between "perspective" and "orthographic". I have again put my settings in the appendix

Hello Stefan,

With v2.3.13 you can set the LDView renderer to use a non-ortho projection using the new “Additional renderer arguments” dialogue - See GitHub Ticket #332. The setting is -FOV=<a>, where a is a degree between 0.01 and 90. 

Here is the FOV documentation from LDView help:
Quote:Field of view (Default: 45):

Enter a number in this field to control the field of view (in degrees). Setting this to the minimum value of 0.1 will produce an image that is essentially orthographic. Setting it to the maximum value of 90 will produce a wide-angle view.

In LPub3D, when you set the renderer projection to Perspective and your Preferred Renderer as LDView, the default FOV (0.01) is replaced with the FOV you specify -e.g. from the CSI/PLI context menu; however, this value is assigned to the L3P Camera Angle setting -ca<a> which, I recently discovered, behaves differently from directly using the LDView FOV setting described above.

UPD: GitHub ticket #373 provides a better example of how to use the additional renderer dialogue.

cheers,
(2019-10-30, 22:15)Trevor Sandy Wrote: Hello Stefan,

With v2.3.13 you can set the LDView renderer to use a non-ortho projection using the new “Additional renderer arguments” dialogue - See GitHub Ticket #332. The setting is -FOV=<a>, where a is a degree between 0.01 and 90. 

Here is the FOV documentation from LDView help:

In LPub3D, when you set the renderer projection to Perspective and your Preferred Renderer as LDView, the default FOV (0.01) is replaced with the FOV you specify -e.g. from the CSI/PLI context menu; however, this value is assigned to the L3P Camera Angle setting -ca<a> which, I recently discovered, behaves differently from directly using the LDView FOV setting described above.

UPD: GitHub ticket #373 provides a better example of how to use the additional renderer dialogue.

cheers,
Hello Trevor,
it does not work for me unfortunately. See the attachment. LDView is on "perspective", i have played through all extreme (0.1 ... 90). even with "<>" and without.

Best regards
Stefan

Attached Files
.pdf   FOV.pdf (Size: 1.37 MB / Downloads: 3)
(2019-10-30, 22:57)Stefan Weinert Wrote: Hello Trevor,
it does not work for me unfortunately. See the attachment. LDView is on "perspective", i have played through all extreme (0.1 ... 90). even with "<>" and without.

Best regards
Stefan
Hi Stefan
I opened a Ticket on Github #378.
Problem should be solved with the next release 2.3.14.
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2019-10-31, 7:48)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi Stefan
I opened a Ticket on Github #378.
Problem should be solved with the next release 2.3.14.

I forgot to mention that it is also necessary to set "Apply Camera Angles" to Renderer. As LPub3D is rotating the model before calling the renderer, there is no difference when the projection is changed. 

Nevertheless, this setting will not address all the unexpected behaviour. You are likely to generate an empty page because of the LPub3D calculated camera distance.

This behaviour has been corrected - See GitHub ticket #378 for the latest status.

Cheers,
(2019-10-31, 12:45)Trevor Sandy Wrote: I forgot to mention that it is also necessary to set "Apply Camera Angles" to Renderer. As LPub3D is rotating the model before calling the renderer, there is no difference when the projection is changed. 

Nevertheless, this setting will not address all the unexpected behaviour. You are likely to generate an empty page because of the LPub3D calculated camera distance.

This behaviour has been corrected - See GitHub ticket #378 for the latest status.

Cheers,
Hello Trevor,
many Thanks for your help! I will try your workaround in ticket 378!
Kind regards
Stefan
(2019-10-31, 16:14)Stefan Weinert Wrote: Hello Trevor,
many Thanks for your help! I will try your workaround in ticket 378!
Kind regards
Stefan
Hello Trevor,
have the steps from ticket # 378 performed, so the two !LPUB-lines inserted. when I clicked "Reset Page Image Cache", only the error message came up (see appendix). could only end the program with the taskmanager. have I missed a step?

Attached Files
.pdf   20191031.pdf (Size: 380.13 KB / Downloads: 5)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »