Just wanna say hello....

Just wanna say hello....
I am stumbled upon LDraw a week ago and it is faszinating to operate this cool CAD programm!

No I am looking for a good way to transfer mpd-files into 3ds max to create my own renderings.
While trying to convert the "8464 - Front End Loader.mpd" there are some parts missing in the exported obj and I don't know why?
I downloaded the latest LDraw version, implemented the latest complete.zip and the LDraw Parts Library 1902.

Maybe someone has some hints and tips, how to avoid such mishaps?

By the way, this is my first post here in this forum, I just began to work with LDD, LDraw and MLCad and it is great, love it :-)

Dirk
RE: Just wanna say hello....
(2019-10-21, 20:14)Dirk Wrote: I am stumbled upon LDraw a week ago and it is faszinating to operate this cool CAD programm!

No I am looking for a good way to transfer mpd-files into 3ds max to create my own renderings.
While trying to convert the "8464 - Front End Loader.mpd" there are some parts missing in the exported obj and I don't know why?
I downloaded the latest LDraw version, implemented the latest complete.zip and the LDraw Parts Library 1902.

Maybe someone has some hints and tips, how to avoid such mishaps?

By the way, this is my first post here in this forum, I just began to work with LDD, LDraw and MLCad and it is great, love it :-)

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Welcome. Are you Dutch?

Unfortunately, I do not have much knowledge of converting tot 3DS, but can advise in some other matters.

First of all: LDD is not part of the LDraw family. LDD is from LEGO and no longer supported or updated. It misses many bricks.

Second: I'd advise you to start learning and using LDCad as an editor instead of MLCad. Though MLCad is still a great program and works fine, it is an "old" and somewhat outdated LDraw editor.

Third: for rendering, you could try Bricklink's Studio. This not officially part of the LDraw suite, but it is based on LDraw and can import and load (and thus "convert") LDraw files.
It has a very fine inbuild renderer that might suit your needs and takes away the complex export to 3DS.

Hope this helps.

Jaco
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »