Cliff landscape generator

Cliff landscape generator
Hi all,

thanks to a post on Eurobricks, I remembered I made a script to generate cliff landscape LDraw models a few years back.

It generates models like this one:
[Image: falaise.small.png]
(higher resolution)

So I translated the code to Javascript (for portability) and put it there (licenced under GPL 3+).

You can download the project (e.g. as a zip archive), unpack it and open ldraw_cliff.html in a (recent) browser. 

The algorithms are quite simple so it’s really quick.

Note that it might go all wrong on you depending on the parameters (which aren’t really checked).  It will just produce nothing (but messages in the web console if you have one).

Hope you enjoy it.
RE: Cliff landscape generator
this is an incredibly useful thing, thanks
Thanks!

I just uploaded a new version:
  • it corrects a few glitches with paths,
  • it allows multicoloured rocks / strata (enter a list of colours “L,M,N” to have three equal strata; you may add weights to make some strata thicker, “L,M:2,N:3” means L is used 1/6th of the height, M 1/3rd and N half the height).
(2019-10-03, 21:36)Sylvain Sauvage Wrote: Hope you enjoy it.

Yes, I do enjoy it! Very nice tool, I let it run for several times and it generates you a great landscape to play with!

Thanks for sharing!
(2019-10-03, 21:36)Sylvain Sauvage Wrote: Hi all,

thanks to a post on Eurobricks, I remembered I made a script to generate cliff landscape LDraw models a few years back.

It generates models like this one:
(higher resolution)

So I translated the code to Javascript (for portability) and put it there (licenced under GPL 3+).

You can download the project (e.g. as a zip archive), unpack it and open ldraw_cliff.html in a (recent) browser. 

The algorithms are quite simple so it’s really quick.

Note that it might go all wrong on you depending on the parameters (which aren’t really checked).  It will just produce nothing (but messages in the web console if you have one).

Hope you enjoy it.

Oh wow, that is really nice! I tried a few runs with different parameters and all came out very nice.
Thanks!
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Sylvain,

it would be great if you could write a short tutorial and put it with all links and pictures at the wiki. Doable?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2019-10-09, 11:16)Willy Tschager Wrote: Sylvain,

it would be great if you could write a short tutorial and put it with all links and pictures at the wiki. Doable?

w.

Sure.

I should also have updated the one for ldraw.xml a long time ago, and I might make one for lxf2ldr too while I’m “wiki-ing” Big Grin
(2019-10-24, 13:01)Sylvain Sauvage Wrote: Sure.

I should also have updated the one for ldraw.xml a long time ago, and I might make one for lxf2ldr too while I’m “wiki-ing” Big Grin

Good Boooy!

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »