Concerning LeoCAD

Concerning LeoCAD
Just a question, does LeoCAD have an option for color picker feature?  Will that included in next version of LeoCAD, just asking though?  Smile
RE: Concerning LeoCAD
(2019-09-04, 23:41)Richard L. West Wrote: Just a question, does LeoCAD have an option for color picker feature?  Will that included in next version of LeoCAD, just asking though?  Smile

What do you mean by a color picker?
(2019-09-06, 0:28)Leonardo Zide Wrote: What do you mean by a color picker?
 Well, actually I meant a paint feature within the program,  sorry for the confusion Leonardo. Also where can I find some other free projects that other user have made or created?  I surely do love using LeoCAD allot, in fact it's way better than LDD, which is NOT supported anymore.

Richard L. West,  Smile Smile
A very happy LeoCAD user.
There are many ways to change colors:

- Right click on the drawing area and select Tools -> Paint, then just click on whatever parts you want to change colors
- Drag a color from the color list over the part you want to paint
- Select the parts you want to paint, go to the Properties widget and click on the color drop down
I'd have another question to LeoCAD too (and I hope it's okay to just put it to this thread but the title is so generic that it felt like the right place).

Finally the Minifig Assistent in LeoCAD has templates, thank you for that!
But, where are these templates stored?
I couldn't find out but it'd be important to be able to share them and also for backup reasons.

Kind regards,
Tom
(2019-09-08, 1:00)Thomas Chen Wrote: Finally the Minifig Assistent in LeoCAD has templates, thank you for that!
But, where are these templates stored?
What do you mean by templates?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2019-09-08, 1:00)Thomas Chen Wrote: But, where are these templates stored?
I couldn't find out but it'd be important to be able to share them and also for backup reasons.

They are stored with the rest of the preferences (registry on Windows). someone else had asked about exporting templates before, I'll take a look.
(2019-09-08, 18:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: What do you mean by templates?

They are a set of part id/color/angles for each component of a minifig that gets saved and then can be added to any model.
(2019-09-10, 20:52)Leonardo Zide Wrote: They are stored with the rest of the preferences (registry on Windows). someone else had asked about exporting templates before, I'll take a look.

Thank you, would be handy. Cool

In fact I found it now in the registry, thank you for the hint.
But didn't you think it would be maybe better to store it in e.g. an *.xml file or so instead? Angel

Kind regards,
Tom
I've added import/export buttons to the Minifig Wizard.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »