Prims Problem with LDPC/LDPE

Prims Problem with LDPC/LDPE
I don't know, if the problem already is known, so I report it.
When I export a file from LDPC to a .dat file, the prims are placed at a wrong position.
It looks like, they are mirroed at the the x and y axis.
To show what I mean, I have attached screenshots and the base files.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.dat   87079p0e.dat (Size: 78.59 KB / Downloads: 2)
.lpc   87079p0e.lpc (Size: 535.97 KB / Downloads: 2)
If nothing goes right, go left.
RE: Prims Problem with LDPC/LDPE
(2019-08-14, 21:01)Johann Eisner Wrote: I don't know, if the problem already is known, so I report it.
When I export a file from LDPC to a .dat file, the prims are placed at a wrong position.
Apart from the LDPC issue you mention (primitive managing in LDPC has always been tricky), please, please, don't use LDraw primitives there! Their only benefit is that they allow primitive substitution and better curves, but this area is so tiny that it's not worth the trouble (expecially since the larger curves nearby can't be substituted). Moreover, as you did it, this uses many rings, thus a large number of triangles to be rendered.
(2019-08-14, 21:01)Johann Eisner Wrote: I don't know, if the problem already is known, so I report it.

I reported this to Nils some months ago. It happens mostly when you start mirroring+rotating+mirroring+... prims. A workaround is not mirroring them, but just rotating them ... ideally with a newly added prim where you copy the scale values by hand before rotation.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
OK. Thanks.
I only copied, moved and rotated the prims.
But as Philo said, that here prims only generate a lot of unnessacery triangles, I delete the prims and make only triangles.
If nothing goes right, go left.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »