[split] Proposed change to sticker spec for transparent stickers

[split] Proposed change to sticker spec for transparent stickers
(2019-08-16, 1:17)Travis Cobbs Wrote: There are so many replies here, can you repost as a response to this message ....

I can't find any example in the library of a sticker where the white top surface isn't modeled in colour 15 (white).
We seam to not follow the standard, and the practice is accepted. And with pattern printed on transparent plastic, the need for allowing the use of colour 16 on the top surface is clear.

https://www.ldraw.org/article/339.html
  • "The sticker pattern is modelled in its true colours; they are not modifiable from the outside. All printed colours of the pattern must be matched, and the background (non-printed portion) of the pattern must use colour 16. Mimicking a colour by blending in the background colour of the part underneath using colour 16 is not allowed."

I' want to change to this:
  • "The sticker pattern is modelled in its true colours; they are not modifiable from the outside. All colours of the top surface must be matched, and the back side and sides of the sticker must use colour 16. Print on transparent plastic sheet should use colour 16 on the transparent part of the top surface."
RE: [split] Proposed change to sticker spec for transparent stickers
I split this off of the main thread to it's own proposal thread.
(2019-08-21, 15:32)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I split this off of the main thread to it's own proposal thread.

Thanks, Orion. I promised to get this started on the standards board forum, but I'm no longer sure if I'm a member of the standards board. (I don't have it as one of my forum badges.) Do you know where the current standards board members are listed? Since you made me a moderator, I assume I can post to the forum, but I don't think that would be appropriate if I'm not in fact one of the standards board members.
(2019-08-21, 17:02)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Thanks, Orion. I promised to get this started on the standards board forum, but I'm no longer sure if I'm a member of the standards board. (I don't have it as one of my forum badges.) Do you know where the current standards board members are listed? Since you made me a moderator, I assume I can post to the forum, but I don't think that would be appropriate if I'm not in fact one of the standards board members.

Looks like it's Chris, Roland, and Ben Supnik. But Ben has been inactive and we haven't updated the roster since 2016. I think the SteerCo can make you a member instead.
Travis,

congratulations! You've been appointed to the current Standards board to substitute Ben.

w.
On behalf of the SteerCo
LEGO ergo sum
(2019-09-11, 20:49)Willy Tschager Wrote: Travis,

congratulations! You've been appointed to the current Standards board to substitute Ben.

w.
On behalf of the SteerCo

Thanks. I'll track down the thing I promised to bring up when I thought I was still on it before.
Now that I am once again part of the Standards Board, I have posted your proposal (with very slightly modified wording).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »