Random LDPE questions

Random LDPE questions
I noticed that the vertex info window only pops up when I click some of the vertex in a part. Is there a way to have it pop up all the time?

Is there a way to automatically translate the entire part or a selection to be centered on the origin?
RE: Random LDPE questions
(2019-08-07, 0:12)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Is there a way to automatically translate the entire part or a selection to be centered on the origin?

* Click "Move the Manipolator to the Origin"
* Select Subfile or Prim
* Click "Move a selected Subfile to the Manipolator"

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Vertex window pop up
(2019-08-07, 0:12)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I noticed that the vertex info window only pops up when I click some of the vertex in a part. Is there a way to have it pop up all the time?

I could add another implementation and show it all the time.

Then the user will be able to switch the behaviour of the vertex window.
It will disappear when there is no vertex selected (default behaviour) or it will pop up all the time.

Currently, the window disappears, because I don't want it to constantly overlap other application windows and the 3D view.
RE: Vertex window pop up
(2019-08-09, 16:15)Nils Schmidt Wrote: I could add another implementation and show it all the time.

Then the user will be able to switch the behaviour of the vertex window.
It will disappear when there is no vertex selected (default behaviour) or it will pop up all the time.

Currently, the window disappears, because I don't want it to constantly overlap other application windows and the 3D view.

As a user I want the selection to be "fuzzy".
  • It is sometimes not possible to select a "vertex". Vertices in different primitives that happen to nearly join up in what looks like one vertex, but is, in fact, a very small "cloud" of vertices.
  • I want that to be indicated; This is a cloud of vertices, or This is a single vertex.
(2019-08-09, 17:10)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: As a user I want the selection to be "fuzzy".
  • It is sometimes not possible to select a "vertex". Vertices in different primitives that happen to nearly join up in what looks like one vertex, but is, in fact, a very small "cloud" of vertices.
  • I want that to be indicated; This is a cloud of vertices, or This is a single vertex.
You can see that already in status bar (and get a clue from the vertex coordinate window that remains empty if more than one vertex is selected)
(2019-08-09, 18:53)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: You can see that already in status bar (and get a clue from the vertex coordinate window that remains empty if more than one vertex is selected)

I didn't see it in the status bar. Just the point the mouse is over.
(2019-08-09, 18:55)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I didn't see it in the status bar. Just the point the mouse is over.
Maybe I'm wrong, but as I remember the number of selected arguments is displayed.?...
(2019-08-09, 18:53)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: You can see that already in status bar (and get a clue from the vertex coordinate window that remains empty if more than one vertex is selected)

OK, I did not know that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »