correct text alignment on Parts Tracker

correct text alignment on Parts Tracker
Hello Orion or anybody else with access to the Parts Tracker,

I noticed a strange text flow problem on the Parts Tracker which probably can be corrected with some trivial CSS polishing,
please see the attached screenshot.
I observed this problem with Chrome 83.0.4103.116 on Win7.
Is there a chance to adjust the text to be normal left-aligned instead of the crazy "block" layout?

https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...861c01.dat

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: correct text alignment on Parts Tracker
(2020-07-13, 23:16)Steffen Wrote: Hello Orion or anybody else with access to the Parts Tracker,

I noticed a strange text flow problem on the Parts Tracker which probably can be corrected with some trivial CSS polishing,
please see the attached screenshot.
I observed this problem with Chrome 83.0.4103.116 on Win7.
Is there a chance to adjust the text to be normal left-aligned instead of the crazy "block" layout?

https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...861c01.dat

I don't understand your request. The text you've highlighted is code that is word wrapping because of the size of the preview image. If I move it down, out of the way of the image then there will a huge empty space. I felt that forcing the line wrap was a good compromise.
(2020-07-13, 23:49)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I don't understand your request. The text you've highlighted is code that is word wrapping because of the size of the preview image. If I move it down, out of the way of the image then there will a huge empty space. I felt that forcing the line wrap was a good compromise.

I think the wrapping of the header is acceptable in this case. A small improvment could be made by setting max-width (to maybe 40%) on the containing div for the image.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
(2020-07-14, 5:59)Chris Dee Wrote: I think the wrapping of the header is acceptable in this case. A small improvment could be made by setting max-width (to maybe 40%) on the containing div for the image.
I believe that Steffen doesn't complain about line wrap which is unavoidable here, but about tentative of justification resulting in elongation of space between words.
(2020-07-14, 7:55)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I believe that Steffen doesn't complain about line wrap which is unavoidable here, but about tentative of justification resulting in elongation of space between words.

I guess Philo is right. The same behaviour can be seen in both Chrome and Edge. And they are both based on the same rendering engine.

(2020-07-14, 8:14)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I guess Philo is right. The same behaviour can be seen in both Chrome and Edge. And they are both based on the same rendering engine.

Im not getting that wired justification on either iOS Safari or Firefox. 
That's said, I took Chris's suggestion and imposed a max width of 40%.
(2020-07-14, 8:14)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: I guess Philo is right. The same behaviour can be seen in both Chrome and Edge. And they are both based on the same rendering engine.

This is caused by the "text-align: justify;" on line 14 of pt.css. I don't think this is needed and is not widely supported.
(2020-07-14, 21:15)Chris Dee Wrote: This is caused by the "text-align: justify;" on line 14 of pt.css. I don't think this is needed and is not widely supported.

Don't remember why I added that and may be that it was a cut and paste error. It's removed.
(2020-07-14, 13:43)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Im not getting that wired justification on either iOS Safari or Firefox. 
That's said, I took Chris's suggestion and imposed a max width of 40%.

This max-width change has broken the Patterned Parts Summary.
(2020-07-15, 7:35)Chris Dee Wrote: This max-width change has broken the Patterned Parts Summary.

Fixed.
There is still something wrong with the pattern summary:

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2020-07-18, 8:30)Willy Tschager Wrote: There is still something wrong with the pattern summary:
Which browser do you use?

I tested with Firefox, Chrome and Safari and it is correctly displayed

(2020-07-18, 8:45)Vincent Messenet Wrote: I tested with Firefox, Chrome and Safari and it is correctly displayed
Works fine for me too (Seamonkey, Chrome, Edge and even old IE!)
(2020-07-18, 9:24)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Works fine for me too (Seamonkey, Chrome, Edge and even old IE!)

My bad. Cleared cache, now it works.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »