School project with LDraw tools

School project with LDraw tools
Hi all,

From next week on I am going to guide 2 students at the school I work on a project for their course "Research & Development".
They are going to make a design for their project in LDraw! What this will remain to be seen, but it looks like it is going to be a "House of the future".
Normally the students make their design with scrapheap stuff, like paper, cardboard, paint, wood, metal, toilet rolls, bottle caps, etc. But now they will make a LEGO model of it.

We will use LDCad to digitally create the design and I will be teaching them how to do that.
Ultimately we will create nice renders and other graphics for the paper they must write for it.  And we will probably build the model for real with bricks too!
With 2 of my colleague teachers, I will also part of judging the project and help with the presentation.

I am pretty excited about this and think it is very nice to see a unique application for LDraw!

Best regards,

Jaco
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
RE: School project with LDraw tools
Very cool. Look forward to reading about the progress and results.
Hello Jaco,

Could you please share the results of your school project? I'm in charge of the extracurricular Design course at School of Design (Royal College of Art) and I need help with the course manual with tutorials - so far, I have only 3 tutorials and I need at least 4-5 on LDraw.
(2020-01-30, 11:04)Terry Mulhern Wrote: Hello Jaco,

Could you please share the results of your school project? I'm in charge of the extracurricular Design course at School of Design (Royal College of Art) and I need help with the cheap essay writer course manual with tutorials - so far, I have only 3 tutorials and I need at least 4-5 on LDraw.

I wanted to create a simple guide for my students how to use LDraw tools (based on an example). I'd appreciate it, if you could share your students' works and I could use them as samples.
(2020-01-30, 11:05)Terry Mulhern Wrote: I wanted to create a simple guide for my students how to use LDraw tools (based on an example). I'd appreciate it, if you could share your students' works and I could use them as samples.

Hi Terry,

Unfortunately, the project was not completed and has been canceled.
However, I do have a tutorial for LDCad, but it is in Dutch. I can share that one but I do not have time to translate.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Wink 
(2020-01-30, 12:16)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Hi Terry,

Unfortunately, the project was not completed and has been canceled.
However, I do have a tutorial for LDCad, but it is in Dutch. I can share that one but I do not have time to translate.

Hi Jaco,

Thanks, it sounds great. I will try to translate it myself. Hopefully, Google Translate won't let me down.
(2020-01-31, 6:36)Terry Mulhern Wrote: Hi Jaco,

Thanks, it sounds great. I will try to translate it myself. Hopefully, Google Translate won't let me down.

OK, PB your e-mail and I will share the document with you.
Trust me: Google Translate won't let you down! ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »