Make life a little easier for admin ...

Make life a little easier for admin ...
An idea .... not more:

Many necessary small changes to already submitted files, finally always lead to an email-rain to the admin ...

What would be.....,

a)  with the supervision of an experienced reviewer

.... if a reviewer would have the opportunity to release an "X" button to the component of a respective author, who would then be able to use this one-time delete function.

...only for this one specified file on the tracker and thus relieve the admin.

or b)

This delete function would be generally allowed to any author ,limited to his own files.

What do you think?
RE: Make life a little easier for admin ...
(2018-12-21, 16:04)Ulrich Röder Wrote: An idea .... not more:

Many necessary small changes to already submitted files, finally always lead to an email-rain to the admin ...

What would be.....,

a)  with the supervision of an experienced reviewer

.... if a reviewer would have the opportunity to release an "X" button to the component of a respective author, who would then be able to use this one-time delete function.

...only for this one specified file on the tracker and thus relieve the admin.

or b)

This delete function would be generally allowed to any author ,limited to his own files.

What do you think?

To be honest, it's not a big deal for me and I will deal with your latest two emails (of less than two hours ago) shortly. The development and testing of the options you suggest would probably be more work that processing the occasional emails.

What I would like to do is to provide a 'highlight this for the admin' check box when posting a comment (NoVote) review. That way I would see the 'Please delete' comment and could action it without a separate email.

Would it also help if the text of any comment is included in the daily emails?
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
RE: Make life a little easier for admin ...
...okay

...the basic idea is ultimately the same ... which approach is the easiest to implement, of course, you know better than me ...chris
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »