LDView problems

LDView problems
Hi

I have discovered a problem while upgrading from LDView 4.2 to LDView 4.4
When exporting to POV-Ray from LDView 4.4 the colors looks bad.
I have exported with the same settings in 4.2 and 4.4 below.
Here is the resulting Renders.
Anyone know why the colors look so bad when exporting from LDView 4.4?
and what can I do to fix this??

LDView 4.2:
[Image: ldviewrender4.2.png]

LDView 4.4:
[Image: ldviewrender4.4.png]
RE: LDView problems
I'm not aware of any changes that would affect LDView's POV color output since version 4.2. Is it possibly you are using a different setting for the "Process ldconfig.ldr" setting in LDView's General preferences tab?
(2018-08-27, 17:06)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I'm not aware of any changes that would affect LDView's POV color output since version 4.2. Is it possibly you are using a different setting for the "Process ldconfig.ldr" setting in LDView's General preferences tab?

version 4.4 in the left and 4.2 on the right
could it be because versiion 4.4 comes with LPub3D ??

[Image: ldviewgeneralprefs.png]

[Image: ldviewversions.png]
(2018-08-27, 18:28)Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen Wrote: could it be because versiion 4.4 comes with LPub3D ??

I'm not sure. I notice that your LDView 4.2 is a beta release. Two things:
  • For standalone LDView, you probably want to use version 4.3 (which is the latest official release).
  • Can you send the generated POV files to the LDView email address from both versions of LDView? I couldn't find any changes in the source that would cause what you are seeing, so I'd like to look at the differences in the files.
(2018-08-28, 4:41)Travis Cobbs Wrote:
(2018-08-27, 18:28)Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen Wrote: could it be because versiion 4.4 comes with LPub3D ??

I'm not sure. I notice that your LDView 4.2 is a beta release. Two things:
  • For standalone LDView, you probably want to use version 4.3 (which is the latest official release).
  • Can you send the generated POV files to the LDView email address from both versions of LDView? I couldn't find any changes in the source that would cause what you are seeing, so I'd like to look at the differences in the files.

Hi Travis
I have sent the files via the mail i found on the ldview homepage.
I will try version 4.3
(2018-08-28, 6:10)Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 4:41)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I'm not sure. I notice that your LDView 4.2 is a beta release. Two things:

Hi Travis
I have sent the files via the mail i found on the ldview homepage.
I will try version 4.3

I have now tried LDView 4.3 and it looks fine like verison 4.2
[Image: ldviewrender4.3.png]
(2018-08-28, 6:40)Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen Wrote: I have now tried LDView 4.3 and it looks fine like verison 4.2

I responded to your e-mail with instructions to hopefully fix the problem. I suspect that LPub3D is not including LGEO.xml in its baked-in copy of LDView, so you have to point its LDView at the LGEO.xml from the main LDView installation. Note that in addition to affecting the colors, this also affects the geometry. LGEO-modeled parts should look better geometrically.
(2018-08-28, 19:04)Travis Cobbs Wrote:
(2018-08-28, 6:40)Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen Wrote: I have now tried LDView 4.3 and it looks fine like verison 4.2

I responded to your e-mail with instructions to hopefully fix the problem. I suspect that LPub3D is not including LGEO.xml in its baked-in copy of LDView, so you have to point its LDView at the LGEO.xml from the main LDView installation. Note that in addition to affecting the colors, this also affects the geometry. LGEO-modeled parts should look better geometrically.

And this solution worked fine - thanks Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »