Newbie question

Newbie question
Hi, I'm an adult Lego fan, just downloaded Bricksmith aiming to start saving simple models for my kids.
I also downloaded the latest ldraw library (jan'18)
I bought set 21030 recently and would like to use only its parts. However, the part names in the instruction manual do not match those of the library.
For example, a standard 2x4 white plate has number 302001, 3020 in library. Or 1x4 studded white fence, 6047813 vs 15332 in library 
Am I doing something wrong? is it possible to match up parts?
Regards,

Felipe
Chile
RE: Newbie question
(2018-03-31, 0:00)Felipe Copaja Wrote: Hi, I'm an adult Lego fan, just downloaded Bricksmith aiming to start saving simple models for my kids.
I bought set 21030 recently and would like to use only its parts. However, the part names in the instruction manual do not match those of the library.
For example, a standard 2x4 white plate has number 302001, 3020 in library. Or 1x4 studded white fence, 6047813 vs 15332 in library 
Regards,

Felipe
Chile

The number in the instructions are physical color numbers (ie number that refer to both the part and color combined). Since LDraw parts can have any color, we refer to just the part number alone. There are several resources to get a list of parts in a set by part number only: BrickLink, rebrickable, and Perron. Perron isn’t updated much anymore so newer sets prolly won’t have a list. Rebrickable and BrickLink are good but the numbers for pattern parts probably won’t match but everything’s else is good.
(2018-03-31, 0:12)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2018-03-31, 0:00)Felipe Copaja Wrote: Hi, I'm an adult Lego fan, just downloaded Bricksmith aiming to start saving simple models for my kids.
Regards,

Felipe
Chile

The number in the instructions are physical color numbers (ie number that refer to both the part and color combined). Since LDraw parts can have any color, we refer to just the part number alone. There are several resources to get a list of parts in a set by part number only: BrickLink, rebrickable, and Perron. Perron isn’t updated much anymore so newer sets prolly won’t have a list. Rebrickable and BrickLink are good but the numbers for pattern parts probably won’t match but everything’s else is good.

All right! Thanks a lot!
There's also Brickset which lists both: https://brickset.com/sets/21030-1
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »