LDCad 1.6a GUI from LUA

LDCad 1.6a GUI from LUA
I discover, that I can use:
  • ldc.dialog.runMessage
  • ldc.dialog.runChoice
  • ldc.dialog.runInput
The question is:
  1. How create multiple-choice dialog box ?
  2. Did LCad have included IupLua or other support for build interface inside LUA script ?
  3. Can I build dialog window, as show on the picture:
[Image: cloud-canvas-cloud-gem-in-game-survey-5.png]
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
RE: LDCad 1.6a GUI from LUA
(2018-03-12, 8:25)Jarema Wrote: IThe question is:
  1. How create multiple-choice dialog box ?
  2. Did LCad have included IupLua or other support for build interface inside LUA script ?
  3. Can I build dialog window, as show on the picture:
1: Yes but only very simple ones. runChoice takes a caption and a string table as parameters. The string table are the possible choices. It returns the index of the selected item (starting with 1). 0 will be returned upon cancel.
2: I'm not familier with IUPLua, but I figure you can use it through require if there is a precompiled dll for it. Just be sure to get the on for Lua 5.3. And maybe one that has been made using mingw, not sure if that is needed though.
3: Not unless you use a 3rd party library.
Can you make window executed via ldc.dialog.* look like other parts of LDCad interface ?!! Thanks.
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
(2018-03-13, 18:20)Jarema Wrote: Can you make window executed via ldc.dialog.* look like other parts of LDCad interface ?!! Thanks.

No, these dialogs are os depended while the main gui is OpenGL driven. they where intended as simple interaction dialogs only.
Lightbulb 
I have request for function:
 ldc.dialog.runMultiChoiceText (int countField, var conf)
  • countField tell how many input text box script need
  • conf have information of label for each box
  • r e t u r n table with user answers
 ldc.dialog.runMultiChoiceNumeric(int countField, var conf, var range)
  • countField tell how many input text box script need, that accept only float number
  • conf have information of label for each box
  • range have information of minimal and maximal value for each box
  • r e t u r n table with user answers
Explanation:
showing up user many windows - one per parameter - is annoying and waste time. So in my humble opinion, compress this in on one dialog box is good idea, that should be accomplished. Right.
(2018-03-24, 7:55)Jarema Wrote: Explanation:
showing up user many windows - one per parameter - is annoying and waste time. So in my humble opinion, compress this in on one dialog box is good idea, that should be accomplished. Right.

The dialog module was never intended to be a full blown gui api, it is only aimed at asking simple questions and single field inputs.

I might add more option to 2.0 though as that will be relying much more on scripted features. Meaning many of the basic editing features as found in 1.6 will be scripted in 2.0.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »