Tweak submodel instances individually

Tweak submodel instances individually
In my model, I placed two instances of a submodel. Now I need tweak those instances (rotate and shift pieces along pins) to make them fit within the main model. The problem is that I need to tweak them in different ways, in a mirrored fashion to be specific. I have studied the advanced editing tutorial at http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs/advEdit but the nested editing is not sufficient here. Whatever changes I make in one submodel instance, have exactly the opposite effect of what is necessary in the other instance.

Is there a way to decouple submodel instances from their original so that changes in Nested mode don't affect the original or other instances? Or do you have any other ideas? The mirroring feature by the way did not help either.
RE: Tweak submodel instances individually
Each submodel is stored only once in the main file so the only operations you can do with them are those you can do with parts: put them at some coordinates and rotate them. And select the color (used for a color named "inherited"). Nothing else.

If you want to modify them in different way you have to break this link to the same submodel. Select one instance, click right mouse button and in the context menu select "Reorganize" -> "inline". All parts of this instance become a part of the main/current model. And they stay selected so you can even move them to another submodel then, if you wish.
(2018-04-09, 15:04)Milan Vančura Wrote: If you want to modify them in different way you have to break this link to the same submodel. Select one instance, click right mouse button and in the context menu select "Reorganize" -> "inline". All parts of this instance become a part of the main/current model. And they stay selected so you can even move them to another submodel then, if you wish.

Or copy the whole  submodel into a new submodel and modify that one in order to create a new variant, you can do this using session/duplicate.

If you need two variants which are mostly identical consider splitting it into more parts/modules which you can then combine into the needed variants.
Thank you all for your suggestions. If I go the "reorganize -> inline" route, I assume the instructions will not show a submodel anymore but only the addition of the individual pieces to the parent model. I had been hoping to just have one submodel that the user builds 2x.

I think I'll go the two separate submodel route, same pieces but with mirrored angles.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »