OMR and multi-set official models

OMR and multi-set official models
Question was raised initially by Javier Orquiera: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-26076-po...l#pid45017
The OMR specification don't seem to address official instructions of models made from multiple sets, while this situation does occur quite frequently:
- extension sets (eg. education sets such as Spike Prime 45678 + expansion set 45680, but also retail sets such as 9747 Robotics Invention System + 3800 Ultimate Builders Set)
- Some simple sets that can be used in combination to create bigger models - this is common with the pull-back motor sets.

What should we do to accomodate this ? We could use set1 + set2 as <Set Number>,  but what about <Set Name>? What are the implications on OMR website?
RE: OMR and multi-set official models
(2022-02-28, 16:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: What should we do to accomodate this ? We could use set1 + set2 as <Set Number>,  but what about <Set Name>? What are the implications on OMR website?

The "rules" are flexible. What do you suggest?

There are no implications. I'm pretty sure the OMR software doesn't care.
(2022-02-28, 16:38)Orion Pobursky Wrote: The "rules" are flexible. What do you suggest?
I propose using + as a concatenation indication for set number and set name. In the case of main set + accessory, use main set # and name first. For similar set, use lower set number set first.
I don't know of 3 or more set combos, but that would work too - at the cost of very long name.
(2022-02-28, 17:08)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I propose using + as a concatenation indication for set number and set name. In the case of main set + accessory, use main set # and name first. For similar set, use lower set number set first.
I don't know of 3 or more set combos, but that would work too - at the cost of very long name.

Hello:
- I agree with this proposal: split it in two lines, first line go to the numbers of sets and the second lines go to the names:
example first line:
  • individual number as always, set #1, set #2, etc
  • combo numbers (two or more numbers): [set #1+set#2+...+set#n], with or without the bracket
example second line:
  • individual names as always
  • combo names (two or more names): primary name (-/+) secondary name (-/+), etc. The (-/+) it is for choose one: or minus sign or plus sign.

All of this is intended to update the MPDCenter software. I don't know how could affect the OMR spec's.

Philippe my last name is without the "i": Orquera; but don't worry it's ok, I'm not mad with you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »