LDraw.org becomes a RLOC - Recognized LEGO Online Community

LDraw.org becomes a RLOC - Recognized LEGO Online Community
Guys,

back in January we applied to become a RLOC - Recognized LEGO Online Community and approval has been granted. The SteerCo has since appointed Max Martin Richter as LDraw's Ambassador at the LAN - LEGO Ambassador Network.

As you know independence is key to us and we will carefully observe if and how this very small but fine community is affected by :-) Most benefit can be drawn from the direct link when it comes down to part numbers and colors.

Furthermore there are plans for a IRL-meeting where being a recognized community is a must. Stay tuned.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: LDraw.org becomes a RLOC - Recognized LEGO Online Community
Good news, I read it.
IRL meeting sounds fun!
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
That is great news! Kudos for pursuing these activities! Thanks!
Smile 
Quote:Most benefit can be drawn from the direct link when it comes down to part numbers and colors.
Could you elaborate on this? What exactly are the benefits?
(2018-03-16, 12:07)Merlijn Wissink Wrote:
Quote:Most benefit can be drawn from the direct link when it comes down to part numbers and colors.
Could you elaborate on this? What exactly are the benefits?

As you might know we sometimes have trouble identifying Aliases of ElementIDs/DesignIDs or to shed more light on this. We hope that directly talking to the source might speed up things.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
What would be great is to have access to nice pictures for patterned parts... Imagine a way to access Lego pattern images.
(2018-03-17, 0:10)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2018-03-16, 12:07)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Could you elaborate on this? What exactly are the benefits?

As you might know we sometimes have trouble identifying Aliases of ElementIDs/DesignIDs or to shed more light on this. We hope that directly talking to the source might speed up things.

w.

Hmm, I thought Lego doesn't communicate anything about design IDs/ element IDs.
(2018-03-18, 19:28)Merlijn Wissink Wrote:
(2018-03-17, 0:10)Willy Tschager Wrote: As you might know we sometimes have trouble identifying Aliases of ElementIDs/DesignIDs or to shed more light on this. We hope that directly talking to the source might speed up things.

w.

Hmm, I thought Lego doesn't communicate anything about design IDs/ element IDs.

We will see. ;-)
(2018-03-15, 0:49)Willy Tschager Wrote: Guys,

back in January we applied to become a RLOC - Recognized LEGO Online Community and approval has been granted. 

Although I am a fresh member and I do not know much about the LEGO community, I congratulate you for your success. 

Well done!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »