New part update

New part update
Hi,

I need help with the installation of the new update. The first time I downloaded it, I used the Windows installation for the full library and the new parts don't show up. Then I tried changing the destination to the PARTS folder. Did I put it in the wrong folder? If so, please tell me where to put it and how to fix this. Many thanks for any help!
RE: New part update
In witch programm the parts are not shown?
The parts must be installed in the main directory of LDraw that you select the first time installing LDraw.
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2018-01-26, 13:57)Johann Eisner Wrote: In witch programm the parts are not shown?
The parts must be installed in the main directory of LDraw that you select the first time installing LDraw.
Okay, Where is that exactly? All of the programs don't show them.
(2018-01-26, 22:39)Jonah Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 13:57)Johann Eisner Wrote: In witch programm the parts are not shown?
Okay, Where is that exactly? All of the programs don't show them.

There should be an LDraw folder somewhere. Inside that folder there should be Parts and P folders and a ldconfig.dat file. You want to unzip the complete package on top of this LDraw folder.
(2018-01-27, 1:58)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2018-01-26, 22:39)Jonah Wrote: Okay, Where is that exactly? All of the programs don't show them.

There should be an LDraw folder somewhere. Inside that folder there should be Parts and P folders and a ldconfig.dat file. You want to unzip the complete package on top of this LDraw folder.
Okay, I did that. They still don't show up. I don't have a ldconfig.dat file in that area. I only have a P and a PARTS folder.
try running the command

Code:
   mklist -d

inside the folder where it resides

please still name the program you are having trouble with, otherwise we cannot help
(2018-01-28, 12:20)Steffen Wrote: try running the command

Code:
   mklist -d

inside the folder where it resides

please still name the program you are having trouble with, otherwise we cannot help
How do I do that? I am not very tech smart. It's not a specific program, I can't get them to show up in LPub3D, MLCad, LEOCad, or anything else. Here are some snap shots that might help.

.png   Capture 1.PNG (Size: 5.78 KB / Downloads: 69)
Beside the fact that you have multiple instances of the library it shouldn't be in the LSculpt folder at all but:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw

Your LDraw system is a real mess. You should unistall the suite and reinstall it. Luckily The new LDraw All-In-One-Installer will be ready in a few days.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2018-01-30, 15:17)Willy Tschager Wrote: Beside the fact that you have multiple instances of the library it shouldn't be in the LSculpt folder at all but:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw

Your LDraw system is a real mess. You should unistall the suite and reinstall it. Luckily The new LDraw All-In-One-Installer will be ready in a few days.

w.
Oh, really? That is where I've always had it. That just shows I have no idea what I'm doing.  Tongue  Anyway, thanks for the help guys!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »