LPub3D 2.1

LPub3D 2.1
UPDATE:  I've been working with Trevor this weekend, and he has a release coming which has addressed all the issues I encountered with the initial release of version 2.1.  It should be available shortly after Sourceforge resolves some issues related to their recent move to a new data center.

Has anyone updated to LPub3D 2.1 yet?  I tried to do it today and ran into several problems.  I was trying to upgrade from 2.0.20 under Windows 7.

1.  During installation, the uninstall of 2.0.20 failed.  I manually uninstalled 2.0.20 using the Windows Control Panel and tried again.  This time the install was successful.
2.  Rendering with LDGLite did not work well at all.  LDGLite kept crashing and I ended up with many parts and assemblies not showing up.  Rendering with LDView seemed to be working.
3.  When configuring the rendering options, it told me the binary for POV-Ray 3.7 was invalid and wouldn't accept my selection.
4.  LPub3D did not appear to be writing any log files that I could use to diagnose problems.

I restarted LPub3D several times and rebooted my system twice but could not get it working.

I was able to download and re-install 2.0.20 without incident, and it seems to be working like it did before the attempted upgrade.

Kevin
RE: LPub3D 2.1
(2018-02-16, 0:45)Kevin Wrote: Has anyone updated to LPub3D 2.1 yet?  I tried to do it today and ran into several problems.  I was trying to upgrade from 2.0.20 under Windows 7.

1.  During installation, the uninstall of 2.0.20 failed.  I manually uninstalled 2.0.20 using the Windows Control Panel and tried again.  This time the install was successful.
2.  Rendering with LDGLite did not work well at all.  LDGLite kept crashing and I ended up with many parts and assemblies not showing up.  Rendering with LDView seemed to be working.
3.  When configuring the rendering options, it told me the binary for POV-Ray 3.7 was invalid and wouldn't accept my selection.
4.  LPub3D did not appear to be writing any log files that I could use to diagnose problems.

I restarted LPub3D several times and rebooted my system twice but could not get it working.

I was able to download and re-install 2.0.20 without incident, and it seems to be working like it did before the attempted upgrade.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, your post was the first I knew that there was a new release of LPub3D available. I'll try it, see how I get on and post of any issues I encountered.

Regards,

David
Hi
Same problem during the uninstall process.
I have not made any further attempts, because 2.0.20 runs optimal.
I hope there is a problem solution in the future.

Regards
Johann
If nothing goes right, go left.
For what it's worth, the release notes for 2.1 state that all renderers (LDView, LDGLite, POV-Ray) have been folded into the application (possibly with customization to their source code, although I'm not sure of that).
(2018-02-16, 0:45)Kevin Wrote: Has anyone updated to LPub3D 2.1 yet?  I tried to do it today and ran into several problems.  I was trying to upgrade from 2.0.20 under Windows 7.

Kevin

Interesting. I will try out later today.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
I just downloaded win64 zip and extracted the whole thing to keep 2.0.20.

Version 2.1 seems to work like expected with the integrated renderers LDView and LDGLite.
I have not tried POV-Ray.

I see there is a new menu item called "step".
Trying a bit there, but do not know what all options do yet.

Some nice bugs solved too.

I will try the Mac version later too.

Travor, thank you!
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-02-19, 10:40)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Some nice bugs solved too.

Which bugs are solved?  Smile
(2018-02-19, 18:12)Merlijn Wissink Wrote:
(2018-02-19, 10:40)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Some nice bugs solved too.

Which bugs are solved?  Smile

Did you install/download? See README.TXT ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-02-19, 21:46)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:
(2018-02-19, 18:12)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Which bugs are solved?  Smile

Did you install/download? See README.TXT ;-)

Ah of course, stupid me. I can just download the readme without updating LPub  Rolleyes

This one is really welcome:
Fix: Callout within a callout. This capability was not available when using 'single call rendering' - submitting all the images on a page in a single call to LDView versus a call for each image. The image marshalling logic has been redesigned to manage any level of depth between a page and it's elements. Thus, the new behaviour now supports virtually endless callouts within callouts.
I've tried using LPub3D version 2.1. I uninstalled version 2.0.20 via the Windows Control Panel and then installed version 2.1. I am experiencing some bugs.

a) Very slow start up - spends a lot of time at "60% archiving search directory parts"
I suspect this is due to an "unusual" value in the LPub3D configuration. Using the menu option "Configuration/Preferences" and navigating to the "Other" tabbed sheet, the content of the multi-line edit beneath "LDraw Content Search Directories" looked wrong as it contained many, many duplicates of the same directory path. Clicking the "Reset" button and the "Yes" command button in the subsequent dialog window seems to have resolved this slow start-up issue for subsequent invocations.

b) Render set to LDView
Part (NXT motor) which should have been shown as a faded part subsequent to its initial step does not appear at all.
Refer to the first page in this PDF for an example.

c) Renderer set to LDGLite (executable is the one bundled with LPub3d)
Images extending beyond the page (yet the images are sized properly when LDView is the renderer)
Refer to the second page in the same PDF for an example.

d)  Render set to POV-Ray (executable is the one bundles with LPud3D)
No assembly images shown
No images shown for parts in parts list
Refer to the third page in the same PDF for an an example.

I see that Kevin has updated his original post, indicating Trevor is working on some fixes. Once they become available, I will retest issues (b) through (d) to see if they have been resolved.

Regards,

David
(2018-02-20, 21:34)David Manley Wrote: <snip>
No assembly images shown

Looking at stderr for thie POV-Ray renderer, this looks like it may be due to a hard-coded directory path in LPub3D? My install of LPub3D is in "D:\Program Files\Lpub3D" yet the stderr output indicates it is searching for "C:\Program Files (x86)\LPub3D\3rdParty\lpub3d_trace_cui-3.8\resources\config\povray.conf". Presumably it should actually be searching for "D:\Program Files\LPub3D\3rdParty\lpub3d_trace_cui-3.8\resources\config\povray.conf", which does exist.

David
(2018-02-20, 18:35)Merlijn Wissink Wrote:
(2018-02-19, 21:46)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Did you install/download? See README.TXT ;-)
Ah of course, stupid me. I can just download the readme without updating LPub  Rolleyes

I did not install but downloaded the zipped version and extracted next to 2.0.20.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-02-20, 21:34)David Manley Wrote: I've tried using LPub3D version 2.1. I uninstalled version 2.0.20 via the Windows Control Panel and then installed version 2.1. I am experiencing some bugs.

a) Very slow start up - spends a lot of time at "60% archiving search directory parts"
I suspect this is due to an "unusual" value in the LPub3D configuration. Using the menu option "Configuration/Preferences" and navigating to the "Other" tabbed sheet, the content of the multi-line edit beneath "LDraw Content Search Directories" looked wrong as it contained many, many duplicates of the same directory path. Clicking the "Reset" button and the "Yes" command button in the subsequent dialog window seems to have resolved this slow start-up issue for subsequent invocations.

b) Render set to LDView
Part (NXT motor) which should have been shown as a faded part subsequent to its initial step does not appear at all.
Refer to the first page in this PDF for an example.

c) Renderer set to LDGLite (executable is the one bundled with LPub3d)
Images extending beyond the page (yet the images are sized properly when LDView is the renderer)
Refer to the second page in the same PDF for an example.

No assembly images shown

I see that Kevin has updated his original post, indicating Trevor is working on some fixes. Once they become available, I will retest issues (b) through (d) to see if they have been resolved.

Regards,

David

a) I do not recognize. Starts fine here.
b) Strange. Has to do something with fade stepping. Have you tried to turn it off?
c) LDGLite puts out larger images then LDView. You'll have to scale.
d) I have not got POV Ray to work either.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Hello everyone Cool ,

I am new here Blush . Sorry if I post to the wrong place, but I have some question about LPub3D.

1/ I am using LDCad to create assemblies in .lpd file format. In LPub I can see all my sub assemblies in the drop-down menu, but some of them did not appearing in the pages. I can see its content in file editor window and steps, but no page, like it is not "visible" or hidden. 
I tried to remove all LPub formatting, manually delete all LPub lines in main assembly .ldr file.

2/ how can I change the order of the sub assemblies in the drop-down menu?

3/ how can I add the complete subassembly in the 1st subassembly instruction page?

Is there any good article/tutorial for commands?

Sorry for my "noob" questions Confused , tried the search function but did not found answers.

Cheers,
Balázs
(2018-03-05, 20:10)Balázs Wrote: Hello everyone Cool ,

I am new here Blush . Sorry if I post to the wrong place, but I have some question about LPub3D.

1/ I am using LDCad to create assemblies in .lpd file format. In LPub I can see all my sub assemblies in the drop-down menu, but some of them did not appearing in the pages. I can see its content in file editor window and steps, but no page, like it is not "visible" or hidden. 
I tried to remove all LPub formatting, manually delete all LPub lines in main assembly .ldr file.

3/ how can I add the complete subassembly in the 1st subassembly instruction page?

Sorry for my "noob" questions Confused , tried the search function but did not found answers.

Cheers,

Balázs

Hi Balazs,
I am not quite sure what you mean exactly but I will try to answer.

1. I think you mean either mpd or ldr format. If you don't see submodels (subassemblies) on the page, you did not use them properly in your model. Please post your LDraw model file or pb me to let me check
2. I think the order is the order the files are in the LDraw file. So to change the order, change the order of the submodels in the file.
3. It is not wise to start a model with a submodel.

I have a nice tutorial here:
https://sites.google.com/site/workingwithlpub/
Just follow the LPub 4 pages (which is generaly the same als LPub3D)

A list of metacommands are here:
https://sites.google.com/site/workingwit...tacommands

Hope this helps a bit.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-02-19, 10:40)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: I will try the Mac version later too.

I cannot get the Mac version to render any bricks or assembly images.
I think I pointed to the LDraw folder but cannot change to the location of the zip?
How to do this?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-03-05, 20:38)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:
(2018-03-05, 20:10)Balázs Wrote: Hello everyone Cool ,

Cheers,

Balázs

Hi Balazs,
I am not quite sure what you mean exactly but I will try to answer.

1. I think you mean either mpd or ldr format. If you don't see submodels (subassemblies) on the page, you did not use them properly in your model. Please post your LDraw model file or pb me to let me check
2. I think the order is the order the files are in the LDraw file. So to change the order, change the order of the submodels in the file.
3. It is not wise to start a model with a submodel.

I have a nice tutorial here:
https://sites.google.com/site/workingwithlpub/
Just follow the LPub 4 pages (which is generaly the same als LPub3D)

A list of metacommands are here:
https://sites.google.com/site/workingwit...tacommands

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi Jaco,

thanks for the reply and info Wink .
I am not able to send you a private message, I guess because I am registered today. I did not want to post my modell here. I'll pm you when I am able to.
I write my assembly tree (it is a technic vehicle):

main assembly
-body
-complete chassis
  --frame with motors
  --axle&suspensions
  --wheels

You are right, the order is the same as in the .ldr file.

3/ what I mean is I would like a complete picture of the subassembly on the 1st subassembly instruction page to show what it will be looks like.
(2018-03-05, 21:27)Balázs Wrote: Hi Jaco,

I am not able to send you a private message, I guess because I am registered today. I did not want to post my modell here. I'll pm you when I am able to.

main assembly
-body
-complete chassis
  --frame with motors
  --axle&suspensions
  --wheels

3/ what I mean is I would like a complete picture of the subassembly on the 1st subassembly instruction page to show what it will be looks like.

Ah, regarding question 3: You can only add this as an image that you'll have to make.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-03-06, 7:40)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:
(2018-03-05, 21:27)Balázs Wrote: Hi Jaco,

main assembly
-body
-complete chassis
  --frame with motors
  --axle&suspensions
  --wheels

Ah, regarding question 3: You can only add this as an image that you'll have to make.

Thank you very much for your answers Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »