Part submission: 2431pb339 Tile 1 x 4 with MA-xxxxxxxx pattern

Part submission: 2431pb339 Tile 1 x 4 with MA-xxxxxxxx pattern
Hi team, here's my first real submission to LDraw: a patterned plate exclusive to set 70618-1 (Benny's Spaceship from The Lego Movie).  I don't have the actual part in my hand, so if someone with that set can double-check it will be greatly appreciated.

Some notes:
  • Most of the tile just inherits from the existing 'faceless 1 x 4 tile', only the actual tile face is new.
  • All of the symmetrical and repeated portions of the text are implemented through some new primitives, which I've noted as private.
  • Tile face is guaranteed fully tesselated
  • Hand-sculpted for extra TLC

Attached Files
.dat   2431pb339.dat (Size: 4.31 KB / Downloads: 7)
RE: Part submission: 2431pb339 Tile 1 x 4 with MA-xxxxxxxx pattern
(2017-11-10, 10:15)Karen M Wrote: Hi team, here's my first real submission to LDraw: a patterned plate exclusive to set 70618-1 (Benny's Spaceship from The Lego Movie).  I don't have the actual part in my hand, so if someone with that set can double-check it will be greatly appreciated.

Some notes:
  • Most of the tile just inherits from the existing 'faceless 1 x 4 tile', only the actual tile face is new.
  • All of the symmetrical and repeated portions of the text are implemented through some new primitives, which I've noted as private.

Hi Karen,

congratulation for diving into the nuts'n'bolts of the LDraw code. Reminds me always of my first LDraw part - and the many tribal knowledge I didn't have at the time. I'm gonna address the first issue when I look at your code:

0 Name: 2431pb339.dat

As you might know we do not follow the taxonomy of other LEGO related sites - as we are total snobs who do their way or the highway we number them according to out scheme. Please read:

http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/patterns/

and ask Chris for an appropriate number via mail.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: Part submission: 2431pb339 Tile 1 x 4 with MA-xxxxxxxx pattern
(2017-11-10, 19:52)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2017-11-10, 10:15)Karen M Wrote: Hi team, here's my first real submission to LDraw: a patterned plate exclusive to set 70618-1 (Benny's Spaceship from The Lego Movie).  I don't have the actual part in my hand, so if someone with that set can double-check it will be greatly appreciated.

Some notes:

Hi Karen,

congratulation for diving into the nuts'n'bolts of the LDraw code. Reminds me always of my first LDraw part - and the many tribal knowledge I didn't have at the time. I'm gonna address the first issue when I look at your code:

0 Name: 2431pb339.dat

As you might know we do not follow the taxonomy of other LEGO related sites - as we are total snobs who do their way or the highway we number them according to out scheme. Please read:

http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/patterns/

and ask Chris for an appropriate number via mail.

w.

I sent a detailed description a week ago (by PM) of how I'd like to see this family of parts implemented. If you have further questions please get back to me.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »