I am unable to access my private messages

I am unable to access my private messages
Hey guys, I've been a member here for about a week now and still can't access my private messages. It says:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

any ideas as to why?

Just to rule out the obvious, while it is that I had some trouble with it I am pretty sure I have activated my account, I mean I can post after all.
RE: I am unable to access my private messages
(2017-04-14, 20:04)End Unsure Wrote: Hey guys, I've been a member here for about a week now and still can't access my private messages. It says:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

any ideas as to why?

Just to rule out the obvious, while it is that I had some trouble with it I am pretty sure I have activated my account, I mean I can post after all.

As a new user, you don't get PMs right away. This is a security measure intended to eliminate or, at least, reduce PM spam. While I'm not going to publically disclose what conditions you have to meet to enable PMs, I'll go ahead a upgrade your account to enable them
(2017-04-14, 23:12)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2017-04-14, 20:04)End Unsure Wrote: Hey guys, I've been a member here for about a week now and still can't access my private messages. It says:

any ideas as to why?

As a new user, you don't get PMs right away. This is a security measure intended to eliminate or, at least, reduce PM spam. While I'm not going to publically disclose what conditions you have to meet to enable PMs, I'll go ahead a upgrade your account to enable them

Oh, I see, that's fine and very nice of you. Its just I had two unread and it was driving me crazy. Could you add this information to the list of reasons you may not be able to see your PMs. If I'd read that I would have just sit on it.

Thank you very much
I'm having this very problem. I have a message I need to read but each time I tap on it I get the message described above. Can anyone help me please?
(2017-04-30, 20:39)Clive Wrote: I'm having this very problem. I have a message I need to read but each time I tap on it I get the message described above. Can anyone help me please?

You should be good now too.
(2017-04-30, 21:07)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2017-04-30, 20:39)Clive Wrote: I'm having this very problem. I have a message I need to read but each time I tap on it I get the message described above. Can anyone help me please?

You should be good now too.

That's great. Thank you.
I'm having the same problem too.

Can you please fix this for me?

Cheers.
Hi
I have the same problem.
It's not very important, but it would be nice if it worked.

Regards Johann
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2017-11-15, 17:34)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi
I have the same problem.

Regards Johann

As a security measure against spammers, there is a post threshold you have to meet before you get full forum priviledges. Based on the data since I implemented this, I think I might lower this threshold a bit.
(2017-11-15, 19:01)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2017-11-15, 17:34)Johann Eisner Wrote: Hi
I have the same problem.

Regards Johann

As a security measure against spammers, there is a post threshold you have to meet before you get full forum priviledges. Based on the data since I implemented this, I think I might lower this threshold a bit.

Hi
No Problem.
I can wait. I know this problems (spammer) from other forums.

Regards Johann
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2017-11-15, 21:43)Johann Eisner Wrote:
(2017-11-15, 19:01)Orion Pobursky Wrote: As a security measure against spammers, there is a post threshold you have to meet before you get full forum priviledges. Based on the data since I implemented this, I think I might lower this threshold a bit.

Hi
No Problem.
I can wait. I know this problems (spammer) from other forums.

Regards Johann

I promoted you. I'm also gonna change the user titles and intro page so it's clear where you are in the progression
Hi.

I have the same problem.

I am planning to upload some MOC.s, so It would be nice if it can work.

I will very much appriciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rudolph Bosman
Should work now.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2017-11-18, 11:48)Willy Tschager Wrote: Should work now.

w.

Thanks a million Willy!

Regards
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »