Export to LDraw Format from LeoCAD 0.80.1

Export to LDraw Format from LeoCAD 0.80.1
LeoCAD offers to save lcd file. I assume this is the LeoCAD format, because LDView shows parsing errors when opening this file. The file->export menu offers formats 3D Studio, Bricklink, CSV, HTML, POV-Ray, Wavefront. Please guide me how to export in LDraw format.
RE: Export to LDraw Format from LeoCAD 0.80.1
(2017-09-21, 16:19)Thomas Reininghaus Wrote: LeoCAD offers to save lcd file. I assume this is the LeoCAD format, because LDView shows parsing errors when opening this file. The file->export menu offers formats 3D Studio, Bricklink, CSV, HTML, POV-Ray, Wavefront. Please guide me how to export in LDraw format.
.lcd is indeed the old proprietary file format of LeoCAD. You should update to a more modern version, now LeoCAD saves (only) as .ldr! But if I remember well, with older versions, you just have to specify .ldr when you supply  the file name in the "save as" dialog (or maybe there is a listbox to choose format there? don't remember precisely)
(2017-09-21, 18:11)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2017-09-21, 16:19)Thomas Reininghaus Wrote: LeoCAD offers to save lcd file. I assume this is the LeoCAD format, because LDView shows parsing errors when opening this file. The file->export menu offers formats 3D Studio, Bricklink, CSV, HTML, POV-Ray, Wavefront. Please guide me how to export in LDraw format.
.lcd is indeed the old proprietary file format of LeoCAD. You should update to a more modern version, now LeoCAD saves (only) as .ldr! But if I remember well, with older versions, you just have to specify .ldr when you supply  the file name in the "save as" dialog (or maybe there is a listbox to choose format there? don't remember precisely)

Tried the .ldr trick with no success. I am on Ubuntu 14.04 and didn't do updates for a while:

Code:
sudo apt-cache policy leocad
leocad:
 Installiert:           0.80.1+svn1545b-1
 Installationskandidat: 0.80.1+svn1545b-1

I will go for 16.06. Thanks a lot for clarifying.
(2017-09-21, 23:23)Thomas Reininghaus Wrote:
(2017-09-21, 18:11)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: .lcd is indeed the old proprietary file format of LeoCAD. You should update to a more modern version, now LeoCAD saves (only) as .ldr! But if I remember well, with older versions, you just have to specify .ldr when you supply  the file name in the "save as" dialog (or maybe there is a listbox to choose format there? don't remember precisely)

Tried the .ldr trick with no success. I am on Ubuntu 14.04 and didn't do updates for a while:

Code:
leocad:
 Installiert:           0.80.1+svn1545b-1
 Installationskandidat: 0.80.1+svn1545b-1

I will go for 16.06. Thanks a lot for clarifying.
I updated Ubuntu to 16.06 LTS.
I removed LeoCAD 0.80.1
I reinstalled LeoCAD using

Code:
sudo apt-get install leocad
resulting in

Code:
leocad:
  Installiert:           0.81+svn1775-1ubuntu1
  Installationskandidat: 0.81+svn1775-1ubuntu1
How to install v17.07 (see https://github.com/leozide/leocad/releases/tag/v17.07) using Ubuntu package manager?
No idea, sorry. Windows here...
(2017-09-23, 12:57)Thomas Reininghaus Wrote: How to install v17.07 (see https://github.com/leozide/leocad/releases/tag/v17.07) using Ubuntu package manager?

There doesn't seem to be a Linux binary package on git so you'll probably have to compile it your self if you want the latest version.
I managed to have a new version of LeoCAD in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS by downloading a debain package from here

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/amd64...d/download

and using

Code:
sudo apt-get install ./leocad_17.07_amd64.deb
to install. I now can read and write ldr format models.

Thanks for your help.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »