LPub3D - Losing LDView as renderer

LPub3D - Losing LDView as renderer
Hi Trevor,

I recently reinstalled LPub3D on a clean machine via the AIOI. I then upgraded to version 2.0.20 Revision 17 Build 644 via the "Help/Check for updates ..." menu item. I have experienced an issue with changing the renderer, as described below, which I suspect is a bug. Basically, it is not remembering the change that has been made to the preferred renderer across invocations of the executable.

The steps to reproduce it (and a manual workaround which seems to support the premise that this is a bug) as far as I can remember it are as follows;

1) After the upgrade, change the rendering preference (menu item Configuration/Preferences, tabbed sheet "Rendering") setting the preferred renderer to "LDGLite". If the checkbox "LDView is installed" is checked, uncheck it. Exit LPub3D.
2) Invoke LPub3D, select the menu item Configuration/Preferences, tabbed sheet "Rendering". Check the "LDView is installed" checkbox, use the "Browse..." command button to select and set the appropriate path to LDView. Set the preferred rendered to "LDView". Exit LPub3D.
3) Invoke LPub3D, select the menu item Configuration/Preferences, tabbed sheet "Rendering". At this point, even though step 2 identified LDview as the renderer, the preferred rendered drop-down list shows LDGLite, the "LDView is installed" checkbox is unchecked and the path to LDView unpopulated. Repeating step 2 will change the renderer to LDView and it will use it for the current invocation but after exiting LPub3D, it "forgets" that LDView is the preferred renderer.

Workaround:
1) Use regedit to navigate to HKU\S-1-5-*\Software\LPub 3D Software\LPub 3D\Settings, where S-1-5-* is changed to the value appropriate to the current user.
2) Change the string value PreferredRenderer to LDView
3) Add a new string value named LDView and set it's value to the appropriate path to the LDView executable.

To my eye, the bug appears to be related to perhaps LPub3D failing to create the registry key string value as per step 3) in the workaround.

Regards,

David
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »